PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

serious beta distribution flaw

so I'm sure this has been brought up considering how long its been in beta, but honestly. the random system? I've been paying attention very closely every time a new person "randomly" gets a beta invite. literally 70%+ of these randoms are members who have NOT logged onto the site in MONTHS, or even THIS YEAR. are you kidding me? the random system should ONLY give beta keys to members who have AT LEAST logged onto the site THIS month... honestly those people aren't hardcore fans and 100% do NOT deserve a beta key when they won't even know the got it. most people don't check there e-mail often either, i know i rarely check my personal e-mail. terrible system.
"
koryman101 wrote:
honestly those people aren't hardcore fans and 100% do NOT deserve a beta key when they won't even know the got it.
GGG disagrees.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
It's a closed beta. there is so much entitlement in the air around these forums as of late. Closed means closed and GGG will invite who they want when they want. the timer is an added bonus most games don't even have a timer and waves go out when the devs want them to. so just sit back and relax and enjoy. you may or may not get into the closed beta. but don't lose hope open beta will be here someday and then release.

I would put a challenge to the GGG devs if the members of the beta forum could go 24 full hours without a single QQ about "im not in closed beta yet" maybe give out 5 keys to forums members or over twitter.
Last edited by Selquist979 on Nov 5, 2011, 10:57:32 PM
"
koryman101 wrote:
so I'm sure this has been brought up considering how long its been in beta, but honestly. the random system? I've been paying attention very closely every time a new person "randomly" gets a beta invite. literally 70%+ of these randoms are members who have NOT logged onto the site in MONTHS, or even THIS YEAR. are you kidding me? the random system should ONLY give beta keys to members who have AT LEAST logged onto the site THIS month... honestly those people aren't hardcore fans and 100% do NOT deserve a beta key when they won't even know the got it. most people don't check there e-mail often either, i know i rarely check my personal e-mail. terrible system.

Let them do what they want and see what happens to the game .. that's all we can do.
"
koryman101 wrote:
literally 70%+ of these randoms are members who have NOT logged onto the site in MONTHS, or even THIS YEAR.
Last time I saw someone actually looking at the numbers on this, it was not that high. Given that you've provided no evidence to support your assertion, I'm fairly confident you don't actually mean "literally" there, and are in fact guessing and/or exagerating.

"
koryman101 wrote:
the random system should ONLY give beta keys to members who have AT LEAST logged onto the site THIS month...
Wrong. It should give everyone who's signed up a chance. There are many reasons for this, but one of them is the fact that since long before the beta began, we have advertised that all anyone needs to do to get into beta is sign up. Going back on our word now would be unprofessional, and you haven't even provided any reason for us to do so, just stated that we should like it's a fact.
Also, just because someone hasn't logged in doesn't mean they haven't been visiting the site daily and reading all the news.
"
koryman101 wrote:
honestly those people aren't hardcore fans and 100% do NOT deserve a beta key
No-one "deserves" a beta key. That's not how it works.
"
koryman101 wrote:
when they won't even know the got it. most people don't check there e-mail often either, i know i rarely check my personal e-mail.
So because you don't check your email, that entitles you not only to assume no-one else does (which isn't true), but to also say that our system should change to accommodate you not checking your email, despite the many people who actually do? Really?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
koryman101 wrote:
literally 70%+ of these randoms are members who have NOT logged onto the site in MONTHS, or even THIS YEAR.
Last time I saw someone actually looking at the numbers on this, it was not that high. Given that you've provided no evidence to support your assertion, I'm fairly confident you don't actually mean "literally" there, and are in fact guessing and/or exagerating.

"
koryman101 wrote:
the random system should ONLY give beta keys to members who have AT LEAST logged onto the site THIS month...
Wrong. It should give everyone who's signed up a chance. There are many reasons for this, but one of them is the fact that since long before the beta began, we have advertised that all anyone needs to do to get into beta is sign up. Going back on our word now would be unprofessional, and you haven't even provided any reason for us to do so, just stated that we should like it's a fact.
Also, just because someone hasn't logged in doesn't mean they haven't been visiting the site daily and reading all the news.
"
koryman101 wrote:
honestly those people aren't hardcore fans and 100% do NOT deserve a beta key
No-one "deserves" a beta key. That's not how it works.
"
koryman101 wrote:
when they won't even know the got it. most people don't check there e-mail often either, i know i rarely check my personal e-mail.
So because you don't check your email, that entitles you not only to assume no-one else does (which isn't true), but to also say that our system should change to accommodate you not checking your email, despite the many people who actually do? Really?

Mark you can't win against these people, you guys are few in number, they are endless, and no matter how hard you try some people will still believe they know better, or that they deserve something, or that anything other than their opinion, even if it is, in your case, a developer of the game's opinion, is wrong.
Last edited by beamohawk on Nov 6, 2011, 3:42:20 AM
"
koryman101 wrote:
most people don't check there e-mail often either, i know i rarely check my personal e-mail. terrible system.

I lol'ed :)

Most people I know, have thear email popup on the phone, just like an SMS.
Last edited by Main on Nov 6, 2011, 4:12:49 AM
i check my email 3 or more times a day.. does that make me 1%?
Last edited by Tathanic on Nov 6, 2011, 5:04:10 AM
i love how everyone assumes I'm saying i deserve one. i don't. i haven't been a member that long, but i know many people who have been members a very long time and deserve a key and haven't gotten one. and i started watching the clock and checked all day for a few days and click on every single profile, I'm not guessing or exaggerating. a lot of the new beta key's were given to accounts that haven't logged in in over 3 months or more. the proof is in the profiles who received beta keys.

grats you don't care. i knew the game developers who made the system would be defensive and not care. WOAH BIG SHOCK. lol. i was stating a fact that its very flawed. lower me and my opinion as far as you want, defend it in as many ways as you want. it won't magically become a good system because of that.
Koryman...

Chris/Mark and the rest of the GGG folk are actually really appreciative of constructive feedback. If you are noticing a large number of invites going out to individuals who (outwardly) fail to show interest, write up a list and post it. It may not do anything, but at least it would be more helpful.

However, simply saying "I don't like your system because I assume it is wrong." or "I don't like your system based off of data I claim to have, but will not offer." won't get anything done.

Still, the amount of invites going out is pretty high. Compare GGG's system with D3's which is completely hidden, which do you prefer? Recently D3 received a major patch, which a lot of people assumed would lead to a new wave of invites, but that apparently hasn't happened and Blizzard hasn't really indicated one way or another when or whether a new beta-invite wave will go out.

Lastly,

you failed to address any of Marks points.

1. No one "deserves" a key.
2. Not having logged into the forums, doesn't mean they aren't reading them.

"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Last edited by Wittgenstein on Nov 6, 2011, 12:09:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info