Improvements to Swiss Tournaments

Besides the disconnect problems people had, there are a bunch of other improvements to be made:

- Are there any good reasons why people can't join the tournament late, with match losses for all the rounds they missed?
- You need to re-think those "leave queue" and "withdraw" buttons. I know "withdraw" kicks you from the tournament (which needs a confirmation dialog btw), but i still don't even know why I would push "leave queue".
- It would be nice if there was a way to spectate other people's matches while you are waiting for the next one to start (maybe this already works in the normal way, but a separate interface for it would be cool)
- There needs to be a 30 second grace period or something for re-connecting to a match if you dc, perhaps with a loss for that round. This would also partially fix the problem with people disconnecting while their next match loads and getting a full match loss.

Any other things you guys want to complain about / suggest?

P.S. change "resistance" to "Opponent Rating" or "Difficulty" or basically any other word that doesn't already have an established meaning in this game
Last edited by Fightgarr on Dec 20, 2014, 3:43:58 PM
"
Fightgarr wrote:

- You need to re-think those "leave queue" and "withdraw" buttons. I know "withdraw" kicks you from the tournament (which needs a confirmation dialog btw), but i still don't even know why I would push "leave queue".

Couldn't agree more. I just accidentally hit withdraw instead of leave queue. Tournament over. WTF.
- Implement a skirmish mode for those waiting between rounds (often ~10 min). You can queue 1v1 among people waiting and play for fun/rating.

That or allow queueing in other PvP tab modes.

Either way this should be made to work while still staying within the tournament. Having to leave and remember to re-queue is a broken system.
Necropolis: 97
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Dec 26, 2014, 1:34:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info