Adapter issue (craphic card)

First of all hello, and thanks for looking into my problem.

Im not sure if this is a game related issue, but the thing is i cannot change into my "better" craphic card from settings (adapter). It only shows the integrated intel hd graphics 3000 as a gray and unclickable. As you might allready imagine, im not that great with computers and any kind of help would be very very welcome. Even the smallest suggestions :)

Laptop :
Hp pavilion dv6 notebook pc
Intel core i5 2450 M
AMD radeon hd 6700 M (is the one i would like to use)
Hi there!

Sometimes Path of Exile will actually be using your dedicated video card but will only list the on-board card in the menu. How does the game perform with that setting?

This forum thread has some useful information on forcing the notebook to use specific cards: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/105676

Check that out if your graphics options are limited or the game performance is poor with the on-board card selected.

Edited for correctness of information
No longer works at GGG
Last edited by MikeP_GGG on Dec 20, 2014, 5:32:23 PM
Thanks for reply, i start looking into link you sent immediately. Currently im trying to re-install the game and was hoping it would help ( doubt it tho). Compared to other similar type of games (D3 for example) the game runs awfully and almost every spell effect causes screen freezing, which dont occur in other games (despite pretty potato set up i have).
Edit: the link you posted redirects me back to this post :)
Last edited by Hörppy on Dec 20, 2014, 4:23:44 PM
Sorry about that. I got my links mixed up. Fixed.
No longer works at GGG
I found the topic where other people seemed to have exactly the same issue. Only problem is, despite many suggestions there was no solution...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info