Crit Elemental Reave by SwiftNinja ***New Action Packed Videos!***

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/daswiftninja

This is my Crit elemental Reave build. The goal of this build was to have as much AOE as possible while still being really efficient with passive points and gear.

Currently playing in the torment league and really enjoying this build.

The "built in" AOE on Reave is amazing because that means you don't have to link Melee Splash in your main link. This is important in a new league because it makes gearing cheaper until you find your endgame piece. Also the endgame dps will be much higher.

Gearing focuses on life, evasion, attack speed, accuracy, physical damage, crit chance and crit multi.

Current gear at level 92

An upgrade would be a dagger with more physical dps but still retaining the high crit chance.

The mana leech on my current amulet saves 2 points as you dont have to invest in minddrinker

Bandits:
Normal: Oak(40 maximum life)
Cruel: Oak(18% physical damage) or Kraityn(8% attack speed) // personal preference
Merciless: Alira(+1 maximum power charge)

For leveling with this character, I suggest early life nodes in the Shadow tree then the dagger nodes "Flaying" and "Nightstalker". Then I suggest focussing on defensive nodes such as Acrobatics, Phase Acrobatics and Ondar's Guile."Adder's Touch" is one of the best nodes for any crit dagger build but I would recommend only picking it up once your crit chance is high enough to support it.

I decided to disregard block with this build because the investment into block would be far too large to consider reaching the Templar tree.

Videos
5 minute plateau clear
First try on Atziri

Thank you for reading!
Last edited by BlackKnight101 on Feb 5, 2015, 5:05:47 PM
+1

This looks great. I'll definitely be giving this a try later in the league.

I noticed that you're streaming, any videos available of the build in action for when you're offline?
IGN: TwelveFluidOunces
(domination)
I am working on some video content to be uploaded this week!

Will update thread as I make changes to build.

Happy holidays
Last edited by BlackKnight101 on Dec 21, 2014, 7:47:01 PM
Really cool concept, but how do you run 3 Heralds and Hatred with no help from mana reservation passives?
Last edited by Setracset on Dec 28, 2014, 8:06:31 PM
A level 20 reduced mana is required to be able to run all three heralds. I suggest just using curse on hit/herald of thunder setup and herald of ash until level 20 reduced, then add in herald of ice.
What's the tooltip dps? I'm currently using another build with phys dmg with a bino's. 47k with charges. But I'm thinking of going elemental, gotta respec about 30 points for that.
Sorry for late reply.

Tooltip DPS:

In town(no buffs): 24k

In hideout(buffs): 43k

Full charges(6 or 7 power/3 frenzy): 66k

With flasks(taste of hate/atziri's promise): 93k

Vaal haste(including all of the above): 112k

Will update gear and tree soon.
thanks!
"
A level 20 reduced mana is required to be able to run all three heralds. I suggest just using curse on hit/herald of thunder setup and herald of ash until level 20 reduced, then add in herald of ice.

But what about Hatred? I feel like I'm gonna need Sovereignty for a while, guess I answered my own question haha
Yes sorry you can add hatred to the herald of thunder and herald of ash setup.

Sovereignty is a good option but it is far from the start of the tree. Some more options are the use of alphas howl or dropping herald of ash entirely until you can support it with reduced mana.

Skipping the Sovereignity cluster is a huge mistake when going elemental. Then again you are actually taking inc. phys. dmg nodes instead of ele dmg and don't use WED gem, so I am not sure wether you actually even want to play ele build...
Pupicitas: lv. 100 Shadow
[2.1] Guide for Life based Crit Dagger Reave Shadow: /994474
EU Officer of Umbra Exiles: /732431

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info