Look at this trade offer i got via PM

WTB>Quill Rain Special Offer
from ****
on 19. Dezember 2014 05:53

Hi, If you can 3L - 3L (not 6l) quill rain, all sockets green, and corrupt it with additional arrow
I'll buyout for 20ex, is serious offer.
That's nothing new (only the such players did a PM, normal they create a buying thread).
I sold two times such gear (had the luck that with vaal the right mod apears
and colour and links not changed) for 20 and 25 ex. This was at starting when vaal
orb was new...
The combination of colour and special mod are very rare to do (with vaal orb), so
a few players (who are rich) like to buy this combination (and other players
gamble for him).
I dont understand. Does 3L + 3L offer any kind of advantage over 6L?
"
Deadpeng wrote:

SRS builds usually have a double 3L on chest for their unusual aura combinations (BM clarity, generosity hatred etc). CoC builds might do something similar, not sure though.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Well don't know your Quillrain, but if it's not already 6s, don't otherwise, why not, throw a vaal on it and get lucky ;)
"
Deadpeng wrote:

sometimes you want the number of sockets a 6S can offer you but don't necessarily care about/want them fully linked because the effects of some support gems might weaken/cause adverse effects on some of the other gems in a 6L in ways you don't want.

For instance, he might need the 5th/6th socket to fit something like Lightning Warp into his build for safety, but doesn't want an Increased Duration support he's also planned to put into that weapon linked up to it. Or perhaps he's got one of those 3Ls with a CwDT or other trigger gem, and doesn't want the other 3 skills in the other 3L to be disabled from manual usage. Or say he's got something like Fork or LMP/GMP in one of those 3Ls, but doesn't want the damage reduction that comes with them to affect what he's got in the other 3L.

I can't say for sure in this guy's case, but there are reasons to avoid 6Ls on rare occasion.
Last edited by Shppy on Dec 19, 2014, 2:38:29 AM
Some time ago someone offered to buy a shield I was selling for mucho Ex if I corrupt it with +max res or some shit.
I was like, why don't you buy it and corrupt it yourself?
No reply.

Yea, right.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
One guy pmed me:

Guy- Hey, if you will corrupt your Prism Guardian with +1 to gems Ill buy if from you for.. ( dont remember what price exactly but the half cheaper as on market)
Me- Hey, will you pay me the b/o for that shield if it turns into rare?
Guy- Yeah, sure
Me- So why dont you just buy it from me and corrupt by yourself?
Guy- Dont speek engleesh good, I need Guardian with +1 to gems

After 30 mins:
Guy- Hey I want to buy your Prism Guardian for.. ( 1 ex lower than my b/o)
Me- No its...(my b/o)

I could have sold that shield for 1ex lower but didnt want to go lower for that guy, anyway I sold it for my price
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me

Cool stories, guys.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Dec 19, 2014, 8:23:56 AM
It's might be for PvP. I've been theory crafting some quill rain builds lately.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info