Predictions for PvP

It's going to be a fiasco. First few tournaments might have some people participating, but after that I think we'll be lucky to see numbers around 70-90 players.

LLD matches are absurd right now, either you get stomped so hard (more often) or you stomp someone really hard (less often).

Tried some LLD this evening and it was baaad. But reaaaaally bad.

Let's see what comes out of it, but I'm kinda worried for PoE pvp patch impact.

Anyone had good experience with LLD so far?
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
I had some really even matches. When I could finally find one. I mean it's just nobody doing PvP. The flicker strikers can do a lot of damage but you can deal with it IF you don't lag. Which is a whole other story...

This one guy was lightning warping and frost walling all over the place and because of lag I just could never catch him.
"
BearCares wrote:
This one guy was lightning warping and frost walling all over the place and because of lag I just could never catch him.

Genius. Desync as a weapon is stronk.
You need to queue a number of games before you get a rating equal to how strong you are. Before you do that how could you expect the game to know who you should be playing? The lower parts of the ladder is actually really fun with short queue times and easy for the match maker to give you even matches.
I'm around rank 150 or so (1500+ rating), and I've seen a variety of things.

First, I'm not getting killed by flicker. It's actually the dual or double strike that comes after the flicker.

Heavy stun builds are counterable with eye of chayula and a bramblejack (makes some stuff a little unfair).

However, I feel that temporal chains is still too strong, especially when combined with chill/frozen (via freeze pulse and cold snap)

Anyone that has curse on hit gloves w/ temp chains crushes almost all melees.

The trappers have been really strong, and hard to fight as a melee. They just lay traps at their feet and wait for you to go in.

Seen only two archers: one w/ nado and puncture traps and the other being ExpolsiPharaoh, who is in the top 10 (EA quill rain).

I've fought a couple people in the top 10, and usually taken a kill or two.
When they beat me I lose nothing and they get nothing. Most matches at the moment I lose or gain about 5-10 rating.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
I'm around rank 150 or so (1500+ rating), and I've seen a variety of things.

First, I'm not getting killed by flicker. It's actually the dual or double strike that comes after the flicker.

Smoke mines should help you against that most of the time (dont think you will find a lot of vagan swords outside of maybe top 20).

"
zSavage wrote:
However, I feel that temporal chains is still too strong, especially when combined with chill/frozen (via freeze pulse and cold snap)

Anyone that has curse on hit gloves w/ temp chains crushes almost all melees.

Warding (Curse Immunity) flasks are necessary in pvp. But you will have to use them smart not just spam all day or they will run out.

"
zSavage wrote:
The trappers have been really strong, and hard to fight as a melee. They just lay traps at their feet and wait for you to go in.

I play FP (as good as melee) and used to have some problem with trappers but I think it is better for me now after a LOT of games against them I am starting to leap them at better angles and stuff. Still traps are nasty.

"
zSavage wrote:
Seen only two archers: one w/ nado and puncture traps and the other being ExpolsiPharaoh, who is in the top 10 (EA quill rain).

Just counted 11 archers in top 20 and I think 5 in top 10 on eu. Not sure what fyndel does on his new char as I havent played for the last 2days. But guessing Vagan sword.
Last edited by Grildrak on Dec 19, 2014, 4:55:48 AM
Can anyone explain why I can get stunned even when having Unwavering?
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
"
Odoakar wrote:
Can anyone explain why I can get stunned even when having Unwavering?

Are you sure you are stunned and not chilled, frozen or knockbacked? People tend to miss credit a lot of things.
It happened few times against groundslammers, I'd die in 2-3 seconds though so it's hard to say if it's frozen or stun, but for me it looked like stun. I don't think it was knockback.
Last edited by Odoakar on Dec 19, 2014, 6:30:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info