Weather Effects = Crash/DC

any map that has rain takes me maybe 5 or more tries to finally load it. i would like to request an option to turn OFF Weather Effects cant be to hard to do. and it wouldn't ruin the game just make it more playable for me. do not have a horrible computer, I cant figure out why i crash on these maps. And i heard other people have the same problem. as you could imagine its very frustrating when your trying to get the quests done with those maps not loading.

Thank You, Please take this in deep consideration.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
If weather effects are causing you to crash then you have some serious system problems.
And whilst it has been suggested GGG are not keen on doing this.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I don't care if GGG are keen, they should do it anyway. The quality of life improvement would be immense.

My computer's not a potato, but if I look at what I can play in graphics and CPU load terms and compare to PoE (which is ... okay looking ...), PoE has a massive, massive, massive discrepancy in its load on a computer relative to its graphics. Iterative improvements are always mentioned but never seem to really improve anything. And I don't, honestly, give a turd about rain effects. I've seen it rain for enough hours, I get the gloomy wraeclast thing ;P
lol, I do not have any system problems. its your game.
No no no, you guys dont understand, its not about GGG beeing keen on it or not.

Its part of the experience.
GGG already stated that they won't add a weather toggle because it would interfere with the "atmosphere" of the game. I felt that the statement was astonishing, because having severe fps drops doesn't really improve anyone's experience. On all the cards I played PoE on (GT650, GT750, GTX570), wheather effects negatively impacted my frame rate and turned the fan into an airplane turbine. I play games that are more graphically intensive, and none of them cause similar problems.

I noticed today that "burning patches" in maps now have little smoke effects. Paired with Flame Totem (notoriously poorly optimized, particle-wise), this also lowers my fps by ten. Not as bad as rain, but still.

Anyway, a toggle would be nice. It's such a standard feature. My guess is that the homemade custom engine does not actually have this capability, hence the "atmosphere" line.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info