So how much damage does 74 Vaal smash do

I was running level 20 AA with IF + Buff (+26% so 203 damage per hit), and a (legacy) CoD. I tanked 3 smashes with different setups, which were:

Hit one: Ruby flask with armor shield
Armor: 4653
Fire res: 85%
Total damage taken in: 8300

Needless to say I almost died on that smash because I didn't unreserve all my mana, so I up'd my health pool to 9k for subsequent smashes.

Hit two: RotP, no flask
Armor: 543
Fire res: 83%
Total damage taken in: 7273

Hit three: Armor shield, no flask
Armor: 2619
Fire res: 75%
Total damage taken in: 7489

When I did the math out with the assumption that a vaal smash is 50/50 phys/fire, I got something like
(200-res)/100 x^2 + ((100-res)*armor/1200-(damage + 2*AA)) x - (damage + 2*AA)(armor/12)
where solving for the positive zero would result in the value of each component.

This resulted in the following numbers
Hit 1 = 7.9k phys/7.9k fire
Hit 2 = 6.6k
Hit 3 = 6.5k

Which means a 74 Maze vaal smash does about 13-16k damage per hit.

It would be great if someone could verify my results and/or tell me I'm doing my math wrong somehow. Also, was hit number one a crit or something?
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
I don't think you're suppose to tank through a smash.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Ask Nugi. :P
Those numbers look right.
Somewhere between 6k/6k and 8k/8k.
High enough that fuck trying to figure out how to tank it.

The recent Nugi death is super confusing because his IC went off and he still died.
It's either that the IC was client-side only after he was already logically dead on the server (most likely) or that the fire damage killed him alone.

If the latter, could anyone explain why the fire damage killed him? He had what, 5kish life? He'd have to be nearly 0 fire res (-max? eleweak?) to die in one hit in that case.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info