RF Mara - advice needed.

Since the reset and new tree, I'd like an advice of some sort.
I think of using RF Mara with Elemental Equilibrium.
Main skill: RF + Inc. Burn.D. + CI + Inc. AOE.
Backup skill: Searing Bond + Inc. Burn.D.
For survivability: POF, Vitality, Grace (with Iron Reflexes) with Reduced Mana. Stand-alone Enduring Cry. Cyclone + LGOH + BM.
Rise of Phoenix, Carcass Jack and The Blood Dance as uniques.
CWDT Molten Shell + BM.
Supposed skill tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwB5wUtBg4J9gxfFCAWbxcvGS4aOBo-GlUabBvIHKcc5ySqJy8n1SftKPopLimlNug26TwFPC09_EGHQzFFnUbXR35M_04qUEdTUlOlVdZXDVhjXz9gS2EhY_1ko2TnaHRo8moeajtxhXTteuZ673y4ffWApIKbgseE2YTvhymMz5BVlKCYrZo7muCdrp7NogCnCKcwrY2vbLZBtz64k702wBrEWMT2xq7G2M9-0iHUfNlh2mLa3eFz4urr7uw47w7vfPAf8azyL_ZI-ej60g== *edited*

Any advice? Does Burning damage above Templar tree increase RF damage? Do Elemental Damage nodes indeed increase RF damage? Does RF benefit from IIQ and IIR? Is there a point in taking Inner Force or it will eat up my regen too much?
Last edited by Shade_RU_N53 on Dec 18, 2014, 2:24:34 PM
Yes, RF damage scales with increased burning/fire/elemental damage.

Yes, RF benefits from IIQ/IIR, but you're probably better off using the 4L RF+inc burning+conc effect+inc AoE like everybody else.

You can try Inner Force, and respec it if you don't manage to keep your life up.

Is there a reason why you are skipping the +14% life node in the Scion wheel, but take inferior life nodes?

Why you take the 0.4% life regen nodes at scion instead of the ones at templar, that add mana regen for free?

Why you waste 3 skillpoints on +12% fire/cold/lightning resist in marauder?
If you really need those resists (and you shouldn't), grab "12% to all resists and +36% armor/evasion) at "Cloth and Chain" for 2 points (2 dex nodes left of Iron Reflexes).

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
Spoiler
Yes, RF damage scales with increased burning/fire/elemental damage.

Yes, RF benefits from IIQ/IIR, but you're probably better off using the 4L RF+inc burning+conc effect+inc AoE like everybody else.

You can try Inner Force, and respec it if you don't manage to keep your life up.

Is there a reason why you are skipping the +14% life node in the Scion wheel, but take inferior life nodes?

Why you take the 0.4% life regen nodes at scion instead of the ones at templar, that add mana regen for free?

Why you waste 3 skillpoints on +12% fire/cold/lightning resist in marauder?
If you really need those resists (and you shouldn't), grab "12% to all resists and +36% armor/evasion) at "Cloth and Chain" for 2 points (2 dex nodes left of Iron Reflexes).

Thank you for the advice. Tip taken: - the build changed by your advice is more effective and I can even take 1 additional Frenzy charge for The Blood Dance regen.
As for IIQ/IIR I think of 6L Carcass Jack. It's the main reason (after AOE increase) for not taking Kaom's Heart: I can increase drop rates with it without sacrificing damage output.
BTW, does burning from Searing bond and RF actually summarize? I haven't had a chance to find out.

As for the final version of the build, I think of
Last edited by Shade_RU_N53 on Dec 19, 2014, 10:15:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info