That medicine chest quest

I have been trying to complete that quest for four days.
It never gets dropped. so I tried again today. I reset, logged out to no avail. When I bypassed to the next way point it would activate and I could return to the camp -but-
When I tried to go back it wasn't activated-again.
Anyway I finally got an instance to work but I died several times which I wasn't doing at the start.
Then I noticed that the monster level was going up one each time I tried to complete the quest.
At the start the monster difficulty was two below my level and when I finally completed the quest the monster level was four above me.

Merciless really is Merciless.
"
fozziex wrote:
That medicine chest quest

"
fozziex wrote:

???

what?

And you say you are in Merc, I'm assuming you completed it in Cruel and Normal?

You complete it the exact same way you completed it the other times. I'm thinking MAYBE you are going to Tidal Island or Mud Flats on Cruel Difficulty, which is why it isn't dropping? I really have no idea...

should be as easy as -

- Waypoint to mudflats Merciless
- turn around and go to coast
- go to tidal Island
- kill hailrake

If it doesn't drop, send a ticket to support? check quest log with U and make sure you haven't finished it already? IDK sounds like you are doing something wrong

Last edited by jarlaxelb on Dec 18, 2014, 12:02:30 PM
Since you are an open beta supporter I am assuming you are trolling, however, this is so confusing I can't tell if it's a troll. whether this is or not, all I can say is, "you are doing something wrong".

four days to do what? Find Hailrake? what? This is the tiniest zone in the game.

1/10... I give you a 1 because I was compelled to respond and not just close this page.

and in case somehow you are serious, BerMalBerIst covered it, do that.

I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
I did it the same way as normal and cruel.
Anyway it finally did drop.
So onward and upward.
Cheers

- Waypoint to mudflats Merciless
- turn around and go to coast
- go to tidal Island
- kill hailrake

This is how I do it every time.
No chest drop until today.

The level for that quest was 58 and when I exited island to the coasts the monster level was 54.
Seems like a big difference for adjacent areas.

Side quest zones are much higher than the surrounding zones in Merciless. Tidal is 58, while the others around it are only 51 or 52.
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
Some quests like the Medicine Chest one are not necessary to advance with the story. Generally all side areas are a higher level than the ones you must go through to advance. While that difference is almost non-existent in Normal, it gets noticeable in Cruel and significant in Merciless where it can be up to 6 levels.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
"
fozziex wrote:
It never gets dropped. so I tried again today. I reset, logged out to no avail. When I bypassed to the next way point it would activate and I could return to the camp -but-
When I tried to go back it wasn't activated-again.
Anyway I finally got an instance to work but I died several times which I wasn't doing at the start.
Then I noticed that the monster level was going up one each time I tried to complete the quest.
At the start the monster difficulty was two below my level and when I finally completed the quest the monster level was four above me.

Merciless really is Merciless.

The question is, can I fit this post in my sig? No hate man, all love <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info