PoE 3D Model Access?

I wonder if it's possible for you guys to ever make the 3D models of characters (and maybe items too) accessible to the public?

It would be cool to use them to make mockup animations, poses, and armor.

It could even take a load off for some of the designers if people with the knowledge and skills were able to submit some new armor models. Have them agree that if GGG likes their custom skin set or armor or whatever they made, that they are allowed to use it.

And if it's not on your list to have people sending you custom skin designs, it would be nice to have proper access to them just for fun mockups! It would keep us loving PoE even more!

Also, why isn't there any skins yet that change the actual clothing characters are wearing? Like, make the deulists red shirt a blue one, or a white one. You know? Much cheaper than armor skins though since it's such a minor change. But it would be nice for when you are wearing Bringer of Rain.
They're quite easily accessible if you know where to look¹

¹⋅ ᴵ'ᵐ ᵇᵉᶦᶰᵍ ᶜᵒʸ ᵃˢ ᶦᵗ'ˢ ᑫᵘᵉˢᵗᶦᵒᶰᵃᵇᶫᵉ ᵖʳᵃᶜᵗᶦᶜᵉ ᶦᶰ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉʸᵉˢ ᵒᶠ ᴳᴳᴳ⋅
"The problem is there ARE secure netcodes" -- Pewzor
"
Emjayen wrote:
They're quite easily accessible if you know where to look¹

*wink wink*

*nudge nudge*
Nude patch incoming?
*ifyouknowwhatimean*
Last edited by onizuka1488 on Dec 19, 2014, 12:45:07 AM
Loincloth-less templar soon, fellow exile!
http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/03/grinding-gears-wilson-talks-f2p-ethics-in-path-of-exile/

"WE'VE BEEN CAREFUL WHEN DESIGNING THE GAME SO THERE'S NO PAYING FOR GAME CONTENT OR ADVANTAGE IN THE GAME", he explained. "WE'VE PURPOSEFULLY DIVORCED ANY GAME MECHANICS FROM THE MONETIZATION."
I guess the first mod would be Templar-with-pants.rar

Do it. ;__; Gotta admit, that the time for a texture quality rework - some textures are abysmal. Not to mention that it is really hard to make your character look cool, when you actually are lvled up, and shit, because you can't change the "base model" of your class, and not every armor is covering the whole body.

Guess someone could come up with something cool.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Dec 19, 2014, 6:38:21 AM
Someone tottaly wants to look up Piety's skirt ayyy lmao.

Do Oriathian noblewoman wear panties?! FIND OUT WITH 3D MODEL VIEWER
"
Someone tottaly wants to look up Piety's skirt ayyy lmao.

Do Oriathian noblewoman wear panties?! FIND OUT WITH 3D MODEL VIEWER

SHHHHH. You're gonna spoil the fun!
"
Emjayen wrote:

Who cares, it's not illegal to disamble software in my country so I can do whatever I want with the game files :).
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
Last edited by CommodoX on Dec 19, 2014, 9:29:49 PM
"

Who cares, it's not illegal to disamble software in my country so I can do whatever I want with the game files :).

That may be so, however, I respect that it is their software and since I haven't developed any user-friendly tools for this purpose, would require directing to much more seriously EULA-infringing sites that I suspect might.

EDIT:
Spoiler

Realistically, given the simplicity of the archive format, you could quite literally just use a hex editor to extract the desired files. And since I'm certain others have already reversed the file format aswell (and for non-nefarious purposes) here's a hint:

"

struct ggpk_file_record
{
uid Length;
uid Tag; /* "FILE" */
uid NameLen;
byte Hash[32]; /* SHA256 of file data. */
wchar Name[];
// byte FileData[];
};

"The problem is there ARE secure netcodes" -- Pewzor
Last edited by Emjayen on Dec 20, 2014, 6:42:01 PM