Puncture trap needs a nerf!

please GGG fix this!

flicker was just nerf but puncture trap is way deadly in pvp lld
Last edited by havoctown on Dec 17, 2014, 10:24:46 PM
its deadly, its annoying, takes little skill, basically you throw traps down then go all avian on their ass with blink arrow, mirror arrow, 5 quicksilvers and 30% movespeed boots.
Tornado shot PVPers win against me thanks to traps, not tornado shot itself.

I can't really destroy them in time too.. my arc or cold snap takes too much time to cast while i cast them i'm already down 50% to tornado shots
Please nerf puncture trap. It is just far to powerful. It's basically an instakill if activated.
IGN - WazaBaza
Think traps are fine most of the times. Just some of the arenas are just so small making pathing around them hard and then we have desync without /oos and a lot of pillars all over the new maps making desync even worse. And avoiding stepping on traps randomly while desynced is not easy.
Last edited by Grildrak on Dec 19, 2014, 6:15:54 AM
"
Grildrak wrote:
Think traps are fine most of the times. Just some of the arenas are just so small making pathing around them hard and then we have desync without /oos and a lot of pillars all over the new maps making desync even worse. And avoiding stepping on traps randomly while desynced is not easy.

Yep this entirely. The reason puncture traps are so op now is a mix of lots of things, but mostly it's coz of how /oos is disabled and you pass through a trap not taking damage, only to rubberband back, lose all your hp at once in a single resync not giving you enough time to pots.

puncture traps aren't one shotting, but due to how resyncing works at times you take all the damage at once and are unable to pot up.
Even high armor seems to not help..

90% armor granite flask and still getting loads of damage

:/
"
Mahesys wrote:
Even high armor seems to not help..

90% armor granite flask and still getting loads of damage

:/

ignore what the % mitigation sais and do the calculations yourself. The % mitigation is for lvl 28 average mobs so it is completely inaccurate in regards to really heavy hits (aka anything pvp related).

I think if you wanted to mitigate a 600 damage by 30% you need 3k armour?
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Don't nerf puncture and traps! They're only the most obv imba, lets keep nerfing melee skills to counter the imba, like flicker, so they can become stronger in effect!!!! +1 for alpha testers! AGEENNDDAAAA
^ you seem salty a bit.

Do you think that alpha testers decide how to balance the game? GGG does whatever they deem necessary. Alpha testers qqing doesn't affect ggg's decision to nerf or buff various things.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info