KORVYNIUS INICINERATE FREEZER BUILD – YOUR ENEMIES WILL SHATTER LIKE GLASS 45K AoE DPS [patch 1.3]

INICINERATE FREEZER BUILD – YOUR ENEMIES WILL SHATTER LIKE GLASS 45K LONG-RANGE AoE DPS[patch 1.3]

Description: A jack-of-all-trade tri-elemental INCINERATE FREEZER build with an emphasis on COLD damage. It shocks enemies and freezes them in place while battering them at LONG RANGE with MASSIVE AoE Damage. Enemies quickly shatter like glass all around you even on high level maps. The build also has a reasonable health pool, plenty of built-in defense mechanisms and allows the use of plenty of MF gear. It is also decent in pvp. And finally it is cheap to build too and can be set up effectively for less than 5ex! (yes there is no missing zero, that is five exalted not fifty exalted).
This Build is viable for SHADOW, TEMPLAR, WITCH, and SCION

PROS and CONS

PROS:
VERY LONG RANGE
AoE DAMAGE
HIGH DPS (8500 per stream multiplied by 1.75 from shocking and Celestial Punishment Bonus multiplied by 3 when shotgunning for a total of 45000 DPS
CAN SHOTGUN (3 times the damage at close range)
HIGHLY RESISTANT TO REFLECT DAMAGE
IMMUNE TO CORRUPTED BLOOD (with a life flask that stops bleeding)
HIGHLY SURVIVABLE with innate DODGE, SPELL DODGE, EVASION, and a decent HEALTH POOL. (Still this is not a build of Hardcore League.)
VERY HIGH CLEAR SPEED (even on very high level maps)
CAN DO LVL77 MAPS VERY EASILY (I didn’t say lvl78 because I can’t afford maps worth 1ex)
UNCONVENTIONAL BUILD SET-UP
FREEZES EVERYTHING in front of you and SHATTERS them.
SHOCKS ENEMIES thereby increasing the damage dealt by you and your party members
UTILIZE 4-5 AURAS and BUFFS at the same time
CAN EQUIP PLENTY OF MF GEAR
DECENT IN PVP
CHEAP to BUILD (can be set up effectively for less than 5 exalted!!! Yes FIVE exalted, that’s not a Typo!)

CONS:
Might have some problems with enemies like ATZIRI due to her damage spikes, extremely high health pool, and her immunity to freeze, shock, and ignite.
This build is amazing at a lot of things but isn’t the absolute best at a single thing (except perhaps being so fun play!).

Spoiler

How did this build start?
Spoiler
My first iteration of this build utilized “The Three Dragons” which allows your fire damage to shock. It was effective but it had one problem.
It was BORING.
I find fire damage boring. My favorite element in PoE is cold damage. It freezes enemies in place and shatters them like glass. However, unfortunately Incinerate is a fire damage spell and there was no cold damage spell that was similar. There was nothing to be done until…
Patch [1.2]
Patch 1.2 made this build viable especially due to the introduction of herald of ice and the “chance to freeze nodes” in the witch part of the tree. Coupled with a quality added cold damage gem that gives you an additional “10 percent chance to freeze” it became possible to freeze enemies effectively. (of course at this point “The Three Dragons” is ditched)
The later addition of herald of thunder added to this build’s power. Then came along:
Patch [1.3]
Patch 1.3 made this build uber! With the revamp of the templar starting area in the passive tree and the addition of status-ailment application nodes (Elementalist and Celestial Punishment) this build doesn’t just freeze targets but it shocks them too and sometimes ignites. Its effective dps became amazing!

GEM LINKS
6LINK (CHEST): INCINERATE - FASTER CASTING - SPELL ECHO – LESSER MULTIPLE PROJECTILES - ADDED COLD DAMAGE (q20) – FASTER PROJECTILES

4LINK (Helmet): REDUCED MANA, CLARITY, HASTE/GRACE, PURITY of FIRE/Empower

3LINK (Weapon): REDUCED MANA, HERALD of ICE, HERALD of THUNDER

3-LINK (Shield): ELEMENTAL WEAKNESS, INCEASED AREA of EFFECT, FASTER CASTING.

4LINK (GLOVES): CAST on DAMAGE TAKEN – ENDURING CRY – MOLTEN SHELL/IMMORTAL CALL/FROST WALL, INCREASED DURATION/RAISE SPECTRE

4LINK (Boots) (OPTIONAL): INCREASED ITEM RARITY - INCREASED ITEM QUANTITY- CULLING STRIKE – (ANY SPELL/FLAME TOTEM)

NOTE ABOUT GEMS:
For this build, it is important to have high QUALITY gems especially for the following gems.
Quality on INCINERATE is essential as it increases your projectile speed thereby increasing your range considerably.
Quality on ADDED COLD DAMAGE provides an additional 10 percent chance to freeze which is essential for this build.
Quality on LMP, FASTER PROJECTILE, and FASTER CASTING, all increase your Cast Speed considerably.
Quality on REDUCED MANA reduced your mana reserved by 10% allowing you to run multiple Auras

AURAS:
CLARITY, HASTE/GRACE, HERALD of THUNDER, HERALD of ICE, plus optional (PURITY of [pick your element] AURA).

PASSIVE SKILL TREE (lvl 89): http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAx4EswW1B2MPqxEPFLAWbxa_Fy8XVBmKGjgajxzcHRQfQSLqJKomlScvLUctgzBxNok26TeBOkI6WEV8RtdLV0t4TC1Pr1BCUrJTNVPUVUtVxlXWXyph4mTnZp5nvWjyb55wu3GFdFV8S3_GgKSCHoKbgwmD24hCjDaNgo9GkFWWdJcGl5eaO5uhm7WfAaIArJixQrQ4u-PAGsBmwOPBxcM6xKLKSsu90eTUI9Wm2rnbC92o4XPjVuNq5OvlGejW7BjsOO088B_xs_MR9On22vfX-tL7Cfv1_ro=

ESSENTIAL PASSIVE TREE NODES:
BREATH of RIME (10% increased cold damage, 20% increased freeze duration, 5% chance to free)
FINGERS of FROST (Enemies become chilled as they unfreeze, 5% chance to freeze)
ELEMENTALIST (+12% to all elemental resistances, +10 percent increased elemental damage, +5% chance to freeze, shock, and ignite)
CELESTIAL PUNISHMENT (+25% increased damage against Frozen, Shocked, or Ignited enemies)
STATIC BLOWS (+20% increased shock duration, +10% chance to Shock)
ELDRITCH BATTERY (converts all energy shield to mana)

BANDIT QUEST:
Spoiler
KILL ALL BANDITS (on all three difficulties because bandits are bad, bad people.)

HOW IT WORKS (OFFENSE):
Freezing:
The Passive Tree set-up I linked above provides you with 30 percent chance to freeze. Quality on added cold damage gives you an additional 10 percent chance to freeze. Doryani’s Invitation belt (cold version) gives you an extra 10 percent chance to freeze when using flasks.
So in total that’s 50 percent chance to freeze! Given that you cast incinerate 14 times a seconds means that white, blue, and even some rare enemies will be constantly frozen.
Also since HERALD of ICE is socketed into a DORYANI’S CATALYST means your herald of ice has lvl20 Elemental Proliferation. This means that shattered enemies will often freeze all enemies around them as well when they explode.
Shocking:
From the Passive Tree you get 25% chance to Shock. Given how fast you cast incinerate means that your enemies will be constantly shocked thereby taking 50 PERCENT more damage!
DPS:

Your passive tree provide increased elemental damage and increased spell damage. In addition you get 100 percent increased elemental damage from Doryani’s Catalyst (weapon), 30 percent increased spell damage from Saffel’s frame (shield), and 30 percent cold damage from Doryani’s Invitation (belt).
Also remember that Incinerate does damage per stream. So when you’re shotgunning enemies with Lesser Multiple Projectile you are basically doing 3 TIMES the damage.
Also since your enemies are constantly shocked you do an ADDITIONAL 50 PERCENT more damage plus an ADDITIONAL 25 PERCENT from CELESTIAL PUNISHMENT NODE.
So even though the tool tip says you are doing 8500 DPS, effectively you're doing:
8500 * 3 * 1.75 = ~45,000 DPS (Forty-Five Thousand DPS)

HOW IT WORKS (DEFENSE)
ACROBATICS and adjacent nodes provide 40 percent chance to Dodge attacks. PHASE ACROBATICS provide 30 percent chance to Dodge spells.
This means 40 percent of attacks and 30 percent of spells don’t affect you at all.
In addition Saffel’s frame provides +4% maximum resists. Divination Distillate provide +6% maximum resists. This brings the total to +10% to maximum resist. This cuts any elemental damage by around 40 percent even without a purity aura activated.
I get 17% chance to evade attacks even though I am wearing an ES chest not an Evasion chest. Pop in an Evasion flask and chance to evade attacks increases to 44% chance to evade attacks. With a proper Evasion Chest and a few more levels to get ONDAR’S GUILE you can easily get 75% chance to evade projectile attacks.
Finally, this build’s ability to freeze everything in front of you at a very long range adds significantly to your survivability.
Finally, regarding elemental reflect, while this build is not completely immune to elemental reflect it is actually highly resistant to it and you will not die from elemental reflect unless you attack very large mobs continuously without popping any life flask. With that said, I still wouldn’t recommend elemental reflect maps as they can be annoying for this build.

GEAR
CHEST: (ANY 6LINK)

Until recently I used TABULA RASA because I couldn’t afford anything better.
Now I upgraded to an ES chest I bought El Cheapo with two lvl78 maps, a very bad roll Alpha’s Howl, and a Rainbowstride. Note that an ES chest isn’t good for this build since Acrobatics cuts your ES and all the mana you get from it by half. Evasion is much better for this build.
IDEALY you would be using either a 6Link ATZIRI’S SPLENDOUR (evasion variant) or a 6Link LIGHTENING COIL or a 6Link CLOAK of DEFIANCE. But unfortunately I can’t afford any of those. PM me in-game if you like this guide and want to donate one :)
Price Tag: 1ex and up…
Weapon Slot: (DORYANI’S CATALYST or CYBIL’S PAW)

Until quite recently I used CYBIL’S PAW. Patch 1.3’s nerf to block however made this worse, though it is still viable if you can’t afford DORYANI’S CATALYST
Price Tag: DORYANI’S CATALYST (1 or 2 ex) (bought a near perfect roll elemental one for 450 alts plus a high roll rainbowstride), CYBIL’S PAW (7 to 10 chaos)

SHIELD SLOT: (SAFFIL’S, RATHPITH, or another DORYANI)

Here you have three options:
SAFFEL’S FRAME: Provides the least damage bonus and you become unable to block attacks. On the other hand it provides elemental resists and +4% to max elemental resists for each element.
RATHPITH GLOBE: Provides a decent damage bonus, with some chance to block and spell block which is cut by 30 percent by Acrobatics in Patch 1.3. Also provides more mana than Saffel’s.
DUAL WIELD DORYANI’S CATALYST: Highest increase in spell damage and elemental leach at the expense of having no block, spell block, or resists.
I am currently using SAFFEL’S though I might in fact switch back to RATHPITH if I find a high roll one for cheap.
Price Tag: RATHPITH (15chaos – 1.5 ex depending on roll), SAFFEL’S (20-30 chaos)

HEAD: ALPHA’S HOWL

With all the reduced mana nodes taken from the tree, this is actually not essential unless you want to run a purity aura in addition to Clarity, Haste/Grace, Herald of Ice, and Herald of Thunder.
Price Tag: 20 chaos

BELT: DORYANI’S INVITATION (cold variant)

Provides increased cold damage, dual resist, and an additional 10% chance to freeze while drinking a flask.
Price Tag: 15-20 chaos

HANDS: (AURSIEZE, or anything else if you don’t care about MF)

BOOTS: (GOLDWYRM or ATZIRI’S STEP)

Defensively ATZIRI’S STEP is amazing. High movement speed, high evasion, life, and an additional 16 percent chance to dodge spells bringing up your total spell dodge to 46%!
Personally though I use a legacy GOLDWRYM for its IIQ. GOLDWYRM’S mana regen is also handy but its movement speed is aweful.

RINGS and AMULETS: (any rares or uniques that provide mf and cap your resists will do)

All of these are self-found or made with an alchemy orb and are hardly “GG”. You can put anything you like in these slot as long as you cap your resists and get good mana regen.
An expensive alternative would be BEREK’S GRIP. It would work great on this build since you’re shocking and freezing enemies all the time but personally I don’t use it since it does not have mf.

FLASKS (1 QUICK SILVER, 2 LIFE, 1 JADE, 1 DIVINATION DISTILLATE/ATZIRI’S FLASK)

Again all these are really cheap and self crafted except Divination Distillate which might set you back 1 or 2 ex. Still Divination Distillate is non-essential but really nice for this build as it provide +6% to max resists in addition to the increase in mf.
And make sure to have a LIFE flask that STOPS BLEEDING otherwise Rares with Corrupting Blood will kill you.

TOTAL PRICE TAG: Less than Five Exalted to have an effective set up!! Of course if you can afford a good unique 6LINK, you can make your build much better still.

FINAL NOTE
If you have any questions about this build or would like to see it in action, pm me in PoE (my character’s name: KORVYNIUS).
Finally, if you like this build feel free to DONATE some nice gear to help improve this build even further!
Last edited by mouhanad on Dec 17, 2014, 5:41:25 PM
need video to see it please
Celestial punishment is increased damage, not more damage.
Celestial Punishment does not work like vulnerability. It is YOU DEAL 25% INCREASED damage against status ailment affected mobs, not STATUS AILMENT AFFECTED MOBS TAKE 25% increased damage. This means it does the exact same as taking 25% elemental damage from tree.
Not to mention your shocking is pretty useless. My incinerator shocks as well, and it's pointless, because what takes "long" to kill is the high hp mobs, everything around them dies instantly, meaning it's pointless, making fire pen a much more solid option, because your bottleneck is, precisely, the high hp mobs.
25% chance to shock means nothing if you can't hit the minimum shock duration (300ms). Unfortunately, with such low lightning damage you'll only be able to hit that duration on sub-72 white enemies that die in a second anyway. Fine if your objective is only to keep herald of thunder proccing, but it adds nothing to your real DPS. Similarly, good luck freezing dangerous enemies (i.e. 72+ non-whites).

Merry Christmas.
Last edited by MIJOTHY on Dec 25, 2014, 5:36:49 AM
Korv was nice enough to answer all of my questions about this build in-game, and even invite me to a map to see it in action.

I was really impressed by how it functions, and I liked the fact that it had such high damage, clear speed, and still very high rarity.

Definitely going to try it. Thanks man!
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
"
mouhanad wrote:

Quality on REDUCED MANA reduced your mana reserved by 10% allowing you to run multiple Auras

LOL, no.
IGN: Pumar, Pumam , PumarR , PumaPunch , PumaWander , PumaCleave, PumaSlams
I'm working on this build and had to post to let you know how much fun I am having! This build has been amazing so far! I just finished Piety in Merciless and I'm now leveling up a bit more before I attempt to finish Merciless.

I am having a bit of a problem with reflect but I think that has more to do with my inexperience as a player than with the build. The build is very powerful.

Thank you so much for sharing your guide - it has been a pleasure to follow it :)
Just to correct some things about the DPS calculations : as people have posted previously, Celestial Judgement is increased damage, not more damage, and is thus additive with the rest of your increased damage, not multiplicative.

So the factor in the calculation becomes 1.5 and not 1.75.

However, you didn't take into account the 300% MORE damage at the last stage of Incinerate.
This means that you get
8,500 * 4 = 34,000 DPS per single stream (so it's your AoE DPS since you only shotgun at close range)
Just to clarify, some builds consider that 300% more damage from the last Incinerate stage means that you should multiply by 3 but it isn't right, 300% MORE damage translates to 400% of your base damage.

Then, for you close range shotgun DPS (mostly used for singletarget on high HP rares or uniques) :
34,000 * 3 = 102,000 DPS
In the end, your DPS is much higher than what you think.

If we consider that mobs are shocked (not sure how shock works with Incinerate considering the low damage, but I heard that it works in practice) :
8,500 * 4 * 1.5 = 51,000 AoE DPS (= DPS per stream)
51,000 * 3 = 153,000 shotgun DPS

That's why shotgunning on Incinerate is so powerful, it gives you insane close range DPS !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info