Masters leveling

In increasing the rate at which you level your masters, you've actually created a problem.

I play solo/self-found, and trading for stuff is a no go. The principle use of masters for me was to gain access to gems that I couldn't get the game to drop. Ok. But you only reset the shop when you level them or finish a daily quest.

I only got two dailies in before I got locked out for being too low a level.

Thus, their primary function for me is pretty much ruined by your choice to make them level up faster.

Suggestion: Keep them leveling up faster, but allow them their shops to reset once a day for missions done in the wild too, not just for dailies.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Even as a solo selffound player you should be able to reach level 65 in two or three days so this is no real problem.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Right... but I'd like to have my gems sorted out before I reach 65.
"
666lol666 wrote:
Even as a solo selffound player you should be able to reach level 65 in two or three days so this is no real problem.

note to no-lifers: while a day equals 24 hours, some of it consists of doing things that aren't as important as playing Path Of Exile.
like eating or sleeping.
you should try. maybe you'll like it ;)

on topic:

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Suggestion: Keep them leveling up faster, but allow them their shops to reset once a day for missions done in the wild too, not just for dailies.

yes.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Dec 17, 2014, 1:46:16 PM
I foresee problems with shops resetting from random encounters. I'd say, just don't lock the dailies, and throttle their rewards until the player has caught back up to the expected level.
Or just divorce shop resets from missions altogether, and have a once per day dialogue option reset.

Also, lol@lol. Trufact: I love not leveling up level 31 gems until level 65. It is the best thing.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:

Also, lol@lol. Trufact: I love not leveling up level 31 gems until level 65. It is the best thing.

Of course it's not very nice but complaining about getting less gems from the masters? I mean, really? I wonder how we have made it in the last years before masters were introduced to the game.....
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Dec 18, 2014, 3:39:50 AM
Truth ^-^

I just wonder, if Masters were intended to "ease the access" requirements of itemizing characters, and they were successful in doing so last league, but were then decided to be too grindy for future league iterations, then was reducing this "ease of access" a predicted, or unintended consequence of making them less grindy?

In this case, itemizing your capacity to act sometimes really put a damper on the game (unless you wanted to trade) and that's one of the things Masters were intended to target (to relieve necessity of trading), so in this case I believe the consequences were unintended, and that to argue against this feedback is really to suggest we take one step forward, two steps back ;)
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
@canhaspants

I think you hit the nail on the head, while I understand people want access to support gems and all the gems they want before they reach endgame, I also understand that this typically doesn't happen on a first character in a new league (trading or not really)

GGG could allow people to get more then one gem for certain quest, but I don't think this change is necessary.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info