Dying from DOT effect when nothing is visibly affecting my character

My character is constantly dying from some dot effect much like bleeding, even when I am not doing any damage (happens after a mob has died). For example, I was fighting Cole in Lunaris temple 2, and after I killed him I just saw my energy shield draining quickly. I spammed all resistance potions, dispelled bleeding, and still my hp continues to fall until I die. It always gives the message, "Player has committed suicide." So obviously since it is not claiming a source to the reason why I am dying other than my own character (and the game doesn't provide a visible source of damage or dot damage) then it must be a glitch. This has been happening a lot and is proving to be quite a nuisance on normal gameplay.

Bug Report Reference Number: 3,984,141,344.

This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Are you... using Blood Rage...?
I am running vitality at 4x the damage that blood rage deals. This even happened to me once while partying with a friend when I decided to test it. I walked up to a mob and simply started attacking with melee with vitality on. My hp at a random point after the mob died suddenly began draining at the rate at which vitality would seem to heal by. No corrupting blood, no explosion, no desync, no poison, no bleeding, no blood rage on, vitality was on, no physical or elemental reflect.

I can certainly say I've never encountered something like this before. It happened to both a character I was running blood rage on and on a character who I do not run blood rage on.
Last edited by Adagio02 on Dec 17, 2014, 3:31:21 PM
Vulnerability?
"
Adagio02 wrote:
I am running vitality at 4x the damage that blood rage deals.
Impossible. Blood rage is 4% of your max life as chaos damage. Vitality doesn't go up high enough to get 4x the regen even with max chaos resist. At -60% chaos resist, Blood Rage will degen you at 6.4% of your max life. How much regen do you have with vitality on? Are you wearing a chest that has the "chaos damage does not bypass energy shield" mod? What flasks are you using? Does one of your mana flasks have the "Caustic" prefix?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
And we never heard from him again.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info