Ci + Corrupting Blood = HP pot...?

I must spend one potion slot as CI to have

Why HP potion? Most charges and i cant risk having utility flask without charges when im going to die in 2sec.

Intentional design or what? Pretty dumb if you ask me.
My best char so far https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211377
Last edited by topcatti on Dec 17, 2014, 7:52:15 AM
You can roll "remove bleeding" on ANY normal flask (including utility ones), not only HP ones.
What's the problem?
Roll "of staunching" on each utility flask.
It's not about "dumb design", it's about player's decisions and tactics.
Don't like it? There are two options...
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
You can roll "remove bleeding" on ANY normal flask (including utility ones), not only HP ones.
What's the problem?
Roll "of staunching" on each utility flask.
It's not about "dumb design", it's about player's decisions and tactics.
Don't like it? There are two options...

Like i said, "i cant risk having utility flask without charges when im going to die in 2sec. " If i have "Removes bleeding" on quicksilver and i dont have charges im fucked. And rolling "removes bleeding" on every potion would be very stupid.

E: I really would just like to know if this is intentional design or not. I mean does GGG think that CI is so op (havent seen a single streamer play CI) that this is a good idea?
My best char so far https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211377
Last edited by topcatti on Dec 17, 2014, 8:06:07 AM
Carrying a dedicated pot you got zero benefits from, makes a little sense.
Roll it on any other in inventory, the one you use least.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
You do realize that player with hp based builds also can run out of charges on their hp flasks and then run into corrupting blood?
"
blawa wrote:
You do realize that player with hp based builds also can run out of charges on their hp flasks and then run into corrupting blood?

This. You manage how to use your flasks, if you have 0 charges in corrupting blood you're not doomed. I first kill few trash around him then attack corrupting blood. Or just open a tp and get out the zone. Or just log out. There are many ways to deal with this.
Don't understand your problem here...really do not. You don't need HP flasks as CI to handle CB. You can roll the 'Staunching' mod on any utility flask you have so there is no 'intentional design' as you put it. Here's some helpful pointers:

1. Don't rush into rares. Take a second to mouse over them and see if they have the CB affix on them, and if they do then you have a moment to prepare yourself for them. You don't need to go fast, fast, fast, and if you're running a map that has the 'Nemesis Mod' affix on it, take the extra time to double check...it makes a huge difference.

2. Carry an extra 'Staunching' modded flask or two in your inventory. Again, if running the 'Nemesis Mods' style map then simply switch it in to give yourself some extra staunching chances. Also, if you're a crit build then roll a 'Surgeon's' affix onto a flask that has bleed removal and you'll have a much easier time in regaining charges...hell, do it for all your flasks. If you're not crit then 'Charge Recovery' or 'Ample' works fine. Best to put the staunching mod on a flask you won't be using too often so you don't have to worry about using it up for other things and have it totally dedicated to bleed removal.

3. USE PORTAL SCROLLS. Again, if you're checking rares before rushing into battle you'll find the CB ones before attacking them and have time to prepare. If you're so worried about engaging said affix without flask charges because you used them up beforehand, THEN POP A PORTAL, RETURN TO TOWN, AND GET YOUR FLASKS RECHARGED FULLY. Also, having a portal setup before engaging means you can potentially burn through your bleed removal flask/s (depending on the mob and your damage output) and then run back to town to not only recharge, but remove the CB effect on you and be back to full ES, too.

4. Control your attack output against CB mobs. If you have a slower, single target attack that is designed for heavy damage per hit, then use that instead of a faster, multi-hitting attack. May not be applicable to your particular build, but it is there. Also, if you only have fast hitting attacks, then follow the sage advice of Corporal Hicks: "Remember...short, controlled bursts!" Going ham on a CB mob without proper preparations will get you absolutely destroyed...this playstyle change will help you not encounter that as often.

5. Use manual castings of Enduring Cry/Immortal Call if possible. Corrupting Blood deals PHYSICAL DAMAGE that scales off of the mob's main hand damage, so mobs like rock golems and necromancers are going to lay on A LOT of hurt to you as the bleed stacks. BUT, it is again all physical damage so if you have Endurance Charges built up and ready to go you can cast IC and TAKE NO DAMAGE for the duration of Immortal Call. This also works better (in this case) than the more popular 'Cast When Damage Taken' setup that most have since you can control when you want IC to cast, such as right before you engage the CB mob.

This ensures that you take no damage initially and if you have enough Endurance Charges and a leveled up IC with Increased Duration added to it, then it's possible that you'll outright outlast the CB stack on you and not even need a bleed flask to staunch it off as it'll wear off by itself. Odds are you will not, but even then you have a safety net to check and see that you have CB stacks on you and you can time your bleed removal flask accordingly. This sort of setup will take time and practice to get used to instead of the CWDT setup, but if you can spare the gem slots or don't want to use CWDT, then it's well worth getting used to using.

Again, you've got plenty of options to deal with Corrupting Blood...practice using them, learn which mobs are the most dangerous when they have the affix on them, and plan accordingly. You'll die much less with proper preparations and knowledge of how to counter this affix, even as CI.
Who is still afraid of corrupting blood nowadays? Some characters can even run around with 20 stacks on their bodies burning them.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Who is still afraid of corrupting blood nowadays? Some characters can even run around with 20 stacks on their bodies burning them.

This. In dense maps, I purposely don't wipe out Corrupting Blood to see if I can leech enough to compensate (and we're talking 4% life leech on jewelry here, no gem, no vaal pact or acuity).
Haha i know the feeling.
At some point on my CI templar i was only able to get it on my diamond flask. Quite a pain. Never up when i needed it.

If you disregard all the advices from hardcore people which will get you easily to 25mn/map in the good days... (looking at the mob and prepare yourself for a moment... really... rush and loot please).

Choose the flask on which you put it carefully:
- good ratio charge per use vs total charges
- flask that you totally spam (usually with surgeon and crit toon), hallowed maybe for 3 uses on 30 charges so full really fast
or
- flask that is always up, meaning you don't use it often, and you need to try not to use it when it's close to empty (need to get used to that)

For me it ended up on my mana pot and was way way better afterwards. If you don't use mana pots, quicksilver maybe?

If you have some very fast hitter, 2 staunching is totally not a waste.

And yeah CI isn't in the best place right now.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Dec 17, 2014, 10:36:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info