Pierce Kinetic Blast AoE Nuke, Reflect Immune

Hey everyone, I've had huge success with this build in Torment, so I'm posting it here. Currently I've gotten Queen of the Forest working nicely, with 70% movement speed currently. Reflect immune, and pretty stellar clear speed.

My stream is here:
http://www.twitch.tv/precaso

My gear (see gem links in the gear):

The finished tree:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYBAF4DHgQHBbUGIwceCC4I9AmgCpsOSA_EEZYUsBa_GY4fQSP2JP0mlSoLKlstHzB8MgE2PTpYO3w_c0lRSppMs02SUDBRR1HZUuxVS1XGVvpZvF3yYeJh62KsY0NqQ2sXbIxs521scFJw1XNwelN9dX8rf8aCHoJeg9uJ04w2jX2Nv5UglS6aYZsmm42dqp-IogSio6LZo4qooqr4sJKw2LIZtUi4yrzqwFTBxcHYwfPCc8LsxSjOcM96037UI9aK5wrnVOd06Nbtg-4O73rw1fPq9lv25_rv_GT-uv-T_94=

My stats:

Notes:
1. Pierce, unlike chain, does not reduce the damage of the balls that come out, so they are all full damage
2. Pierce Kinetic Blast creates balls even for pierced enemies, so it gets exponentially better the bigger the pack
3. The Kinetic Blast gem scaling is so huge with pierce that you will feel your single target department is lacking
4. Get very high evasion and very low accuracy to evade reflect. So far I have had no problems with reflect
5. Queen of the Forest is only viable with maxed out Evasion gear. Until then, just use a regular evasion chest and skip Survivalist / Celerity on the tree
6. Increased AoE and concentrated effect seem to not be worth it
7. I can sustain with just mana leech alone. I do not have a 6L, which in the case of a 6L, adjustments may have to be made.
8. The build works with a low damage wand well. The scaling is so crazy, that higher damage essentially means quicker one shotting, and often lots of overkill. I was one shotting most things yesterday with the following vendor recipe crafted wand in zones below 72:

9. Auras are Grace and Hatred
10. Bandits are life, physical, power charge
11. If you don't need the resist from the Survivalist cluster, take Celerity instead
12. Accuracy is bad, don't get any or reflect problems will come
13. If the projectile from an attack with Kinetic Blast is evaded, all the balls will be evaded. This works the other way, and applies to reflect
Last edited by Precaso on Dec 24, 2014, 7:36:27 AM
Hey!

Haha, I cannot believe in that. Yesterday I was talking with a friend that my KB build *sucks* a little, and I really miss my ranger, which I made by following Precaso builds. Now I see that you made a topic with KB build, which is just awesome. I'm really glad to see your build here and I'm sure I will follow it. ;)
Have you already tried with LMP? I reckon when you can stack the explosions with pierce an LMP would be enough and would increase your damage output
hey Precaso, thanks for sharing the build. I've been trying to find a kinetic blast build, how is the survivability? I am planning on playing it on bloodlines, anything you would adjust in the tree? Or running Grace instead of hatred?
True, but Kinetic is not good for single regardless of GMP or LMP if the target is not around lots of mobs or against the wall. I like the extra AoE from GMP
So what r u feeling is the best setup for single target?
IGN Ken__Kaniff
Last edited by Knightmare101 on Dec 17, 2014, 8:22:24 AM
What bandits did you take?
And where should i go first, the witch area or ranger area?
Nice build, I really like it because it's simple. Do you only run Hatred and HoA?

Btw, I have a level 85 character with a free respec, but I don't know if I should do this build or level again doing a crit-arc build (I've got around 5-6 ex in currency in my stash only, but your gear doesn't seem expensive or hard to get at all). Would you recommend me to do this build instead?

Found this wand on my stash, maybe I could craft Attack speed mod on it:

Looking forward for your answer :)
Is it a good skill? Yes, but this do not differ from Split Arrow Pierce which is even better with the items you have, as you can scale it even better with the Drillneck and you don't lose damage on GMP. On top of that you have pretty much all the dps high end items because you playing softcore league.

The problem here is that you just got a bonner discovering pierce and you started posting childish youtube videos about how this shit is so overpowered and should get nerfed. The sad thing is that because of people like you the wrong shit gets nerfed, because you create this reality for the developers. Maybe Kinetic Blast is OP for you if you played some shit builds before, but if you play flameblast, tornado shot or static strike you will see that Kinetic Blast is OP in only one department - that although this game does not require much skill, Kinetic Blast is the easiest skill to use by far from the others to achieve the same "OP" result.

"
Is it a good skill? Yes, but this do not differ from Split Arrow Pierce which is even better with the items you have, as you can scale it even better with the Drillneck and you don't lose damage on GMP. On top of that you have pretty much all the dps high end items because you playing softcore league.

The problem here is that you just got a bonner discovering pierce and you started posting childish youtube videos about how this shit is so overpowered and should get nerfed. The sad thing is that because of people like you the wrong shit gets nerfed, because you create this reality for the developers. Maybe Kinetic Blast is OP for you if you played some shit builds before, but if you play flameblast, tornado shot or static strike you will see that Kinetic Blast is OP in only one department - that although this game does not require much skill, Kinetic Blast is the easiest skill to use by far from the others to achieve the same "OP" result.

Tell me more about how your max level char is 62
Last edited by Brunopod on Dec 17, 2014, 10:18:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info