✭✭ [1.3] The Elemental Bomber ✭✭ (Static Strike & Doomsower; ele & phys Hybrid; Video added)

Hey guys and welcome to the The Elemental Bomber,

with patch 1.3 the new skill gem "static strike" and the support gem "physical to lightning" were released. Here I use them both with a combination of Herald of Ice, Thunder, Ashe and Hatred. I focus on physical as well as elemental damage, increased area of effect (+70%), freeze and shock chance (20%). I m playing this char in new Torment league and just arrieved mapping phase (atm doing lvl 69-70 maps). My gear is almost crap (I spend for each rare ~1-2c and for Doomsower 7c). So its a low budget build with nice scaling into lategame... I still use 4l...

changelog
- Video added
- updated the passiv tree to 165% life!
- added level progression trees

Videos

Video of mapbosskills lvl 69,68,67

The main concept

You attack with static strike and after 0.75sec you release a nova-like aoe based on 70% of the initial hit. With the physical to lightning skill, you deal 100% of phys damage as lightning. Running Hatred adds ~35% phys damage as cold and Herald of Ice adds some flat cold damage. The nice thing about static strike is, that the initial hit and the aoe effect can apply status aligments á la shock, freeze or ignite. By taking all the freeze and shock chance nodes as well as increased aoe, you freeze and shock a very big area around you. After killing a froozen enemy, Herald of Ice blast a big aoe. This leads to a kind of chain reaction and everything around you explods. Herald of Thunder also adds some damage and is linked to curse on hit, to apply Warlords Mark for having sustain.
So the keypoint about scailing Static Strike with elemental damage, aoe dmg and radius is, that herald of ice and thunder also scale with these stats. Furthermore you got a nice singletargetdamage and and absolute ridiculouse aoe damage.

static strike (60% phys to lighting) + physical to lightning (50% pyhs to lightning + ~25% added phys dmg as lightning) + Hatred (~35% added phys dmg as cold) + Herald of Ashe (15% added phys dmg as fire) + Doomsower (10% added phys as fire)

=> 125% physical damage converted to lightning
=> 35% physical damage converted to cold (enough to apply freez status for synergie with Herold of Ice)
=> 25% physical damage converted to fire

185% physical damage converted to elemental damage on the initial hit and 130% aoe dmg with static strike!

The Build

The Gems

Spoiler
Static strike + Physical to lightning + Multistrike + Weapon Ele Dmg + melee phys damage

Herald of Ice + Herald of Ashe + Hatred + reduced Mana

Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Warlord's Mark + reduced Mana

Leapslam + Curse on Hit + Warlords Mark + Elemental Proliferation

Cast when damage taken + Endurance Cry + Immortal Call + Increased Duration

My actuall Items
Spoiler

I want to improve the defensive stats of my gear. I hardly capped max resistance, but I want to head to more life and armor. I m not sure if Sybils Lament Ring is necessary, but it also adds alot of nice damage. If I got my hands on a Three Dragons Helmet, I want to try this!

So thanks for reading and I hope we'll create a nice discussion with feedback and suggestions about this build!

Last edited by Norec on Dec 21, 2014, 8:52:36 AM
im gonna guess this is for softcore as you only have 113% inc life.. wich is really low for a melee char even in the SC leagues, especially since you dont really have any other defence (no, im not counting the meager 33% block from lioneye's remorse).

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUA-d1PBIuMQ8hboKdVfA5o8vAfogAEs8Bmn988Be98mjuCm-0g7DhX4icvd-WQVRo4wBpmnnGFWfP60lcp8xGsqhcvFm9G17FCcqlk5ySq42r3MlXWNul82YCkGmydrqcI5Yu4k9rd2CQb8evuNsV-xyj6muAfAoLHRZ0EB_noU1Lr5IPbTLNBh18qVcaXlbc-OlhSU_4KrJg9X5f08kXYvREPbRk64TWSfq9MLQj0plf-j7WFjRkUsMBUTePvUOASgh5qQ7zqwbTZX_Tp2wstfd2MT69nvTaJ

might be something, you wont freeze (10% chance is rather meh...) but youre still gonna do a shitload of light dmg, 35% shock chance, enough mana regen to run AA, bit more life (168%), more life regain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

If youre gonna go with the build you posted, id just go full glasscannon and equip a 2h (like a mahori or the new sword, doomsower), forget MS and get melee phys, conc effect or inc aoe.
Just hit once, hard, and watch everything explode of the aoe.
@SpyChicken
Last edited by SpyChicken on Dec 15, 2014, 6:56:13 AM
thanks for your suggestions. I m playing in the new Torment league.
You are right, the life from the passivtree is low with 113%, but that's why I want to equip high armor/life/res gear. Since this build doesnt have many itemrequirements, I think I can get enough defense from the equipped gear. With +30% chance to aoe freeze with static strike, you also have a nice crowed control effect, which adds more survivability. But I will keep on thinking about the tree, to get more life/defense nodes...

Last edited by Norec on Dec 16, 2014, 4:03:30 AM
"
SpyChicken wrote:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUA-d1PBIuMQ8hboKdVfA5o8vAfogAEs8Bmn988Be98mjuCm-0g7DhX4icvd-WQVRo4wBpmnnGFWfP60lcp8xGsqhcvFm9G17FCcqlk5ySq42r3MlXWNul82YCkGmydrqcI5Yu4k9rd2CQb8evuNsV-xyj6muAfAoLHRZ0EB_noU1Lr5IPbTLNBh18qVcaXlbc-OlhSU_4KrJg9X5f08kXYvREPbRk64TWSfq9MLQj0plf-j7WFjRkUsMBUTePvUOASgh5qQ7zqwbTZX_Tp2wstfd2MT69nvTaJ

might be something, you wont freeze (10% chance is rather meh...) but youre still gonna do a shitload of light dmg, 35% shock chance, enough mana regen to run AA, bit more life (168%), more life regain.

I think it is more important to get %chance to freeze instead of chance to shock. I just modified my build with some ideas from your posted tree. The build got more defense/life/mana/manareg and skipped 10% chance to freeze (20% remaining). What do you think about it?

Last edited by Norec on Dec 15, 2014, 8:23:27 AM
"
With +30% chance to aoe freeze with static strike, you also have a nice crowed control effect, which adds more survivability

this is true, but what are you going to do about bosses?

theyre probably not gonna get froze, unless you proliferate from a adjacent mob.

crowds/aoe is usually not the problem, its the big guys who are going to wreck you, and with only 113% life, youre probably gonna have a hard time to reach even 4k health.

lightning coil will help a little, but its still squishy as fuck, for my taste anyway :)

also, you culd go with the three dragons helm to freeze everything instead of shocking (with the ammount of lightning dmg youl have, you might even freeze some big ones). worth testing anyway, rather cheap helm.
@SpyChicken
yeah I was thinking about three dragons, but I realised that having hatred + flat cold dmg from Herold of Ice is enough atm. But ofc I will run some test once I m mapping to see how this build performs with "the big bosses".

With the modified tree I've posted before, I get 164% life... I post it again here:

what do you think about it?

Doomsword is a good idea... with static strike 5l or 6l (+15% aoe radius)...
Last edited by Norec on Dec 15, 2014, 9:20:43 AM
164 shuld be enough, for softcore anyway. itl probably get you up to 4-4.5k

and i do like the doomsower sword, the question is how expensive its going to be, as its all new and we dont really know how rare it is yet.

but, if youre gonna go 2h, id definately remove multistrike (add any dmg gem you want) and go for the big blast, if nothing els, its fun to see everything die from one nova :)
mahori would also be good for this, as it has a free lv 15(?) inc aoe, very slow (=high dmg).

But, when going for big hits you can trust the tooltip, as it shows dmg per sec, so you gotta keep an eye on that.
@SpyChicken
yeah once I got my hands on a Doomsower or Mahori in the new league, I will defently try it. But the idea with 1h + shield with multistrike is to have more aps and thereby a higher chance to apply freeze and shock for the Herald of Ice - chainreaction. Again my aim was to scale static strike with elemental damage and aoe dmg/radius, because Herald of Ice (and Herald of Thunder) benefits also from these stats. Doryanis 1h mace seems to be perfect for it...
Last edited by Norec on Dec 15, 2014, 9:41:46 AM
updated the passiv tree to 164% life, I think its now hc ready. I m currently leveling and I am almost at merciless without any death!

I've also added level progression trees!

videos will come soon!
Last edited by Norec on Dec 16, 2014, 4:23:08 AM
With 100% elemental damage you have no life leech, can you sustain your DPS without that?
And isn't damage convertion capped at 100? Just guessing.

Your build looks interesting, but I wonder if you survive late game without any real block chance (shield basic, no + block from tree).
Make
Spectral Throw
great again

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info