Shield Charge 1.3 Bug

Hello GGG , i would like to report a often occurring bug. Here we go:

Skill : Shield Charge

Factors : Templar, Shield Charge, and Static Strike.

Occurrence: Often

Severity: Sometimes Crippling

Explanation: Alright. I am a templar going sword and shield while using shield charge/static strike. The way that i use the skills is that i static strike a loner then shield charge into a mob to release the aoe blast. However that has resulted in a rather odd bug. Often times when i get to my target, i will for some reason do the charge again up to 8 times(usually 5 on average). I won't hit the target at all with these rapid hits for some reason either so i am literally stuck until it wants to stop. Pressing other buttons doesn't work and pressing nothing doesn't make it stop either. I am literally stuck til it wants to stop.

The nastiest versions of this have happened in big mobs and nearly gotten me killed. The final straw on this bug was when i was fighting Merveil. This time i didn't static strike, i just charged and missed a target. I then for god knows what reason spammed shield charge(without touching any buttons mind you) over 20 times and died due to being attacked.

There is absolutely no telling when this will happen again.But it will. Repeatedly. Please fix this.

And no before you ask my button was not stuck at all
Last edited by Steelgrey666 on Dec 15, 2014, 1:30:21 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Thanks, will look into this tomorrow
My friend is playing shield charge and isn't having any bugs with shield charge we played in a group for 6+ hours today. It could be a keyboard issue even though you said "And no before you ask my button was not stuck at all". Just saying.
"
FreeMark wrote:
My friend is playing shield charge and isn't having any bugs with shield charge we played in a group for 6+ hours today. It could be a keyboard issue even though you said "And no before you ask my button was not stuck at all". Just saying.

Speaking i use my mouse to do it and have used shield charge with zero issue before 1.3, i would say it would be very hard for it to be a keyboard issue. Should of mentioned that.

And speaking that my naga's buttons are fine, it's definitely not my mouse. Otherwise i would have issues with everything on my computer with it clicking like crazy on it's own(or doing the input) and I don't.

However always keep in mind that not everyone is going to have the bug, there is numerous configurations out there, i just got unlucky that is all.
I just noticed this bug while doing crypt map. There were shield charge enemies(from ebony barracks) and one of them charged towards me and when he hit me he repeatedly charged me around 5-7 times, like how OP mentioned. It only happened once with one enemy during this map but it was noticeable.

if bug number is needed here it is:
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info