Riposte

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Nov 1, 2022, 8:48:35 PM
It needs to trigger on Evade instead of Block. One of a bunch of reflect type effects that don't make any sense for a Dex user (like the Int/Dex shields).
Does riposte need dual wield to work? (Can it work with staff or shield?)
"
WhiteMagick wrote:
Does riposte need dual wield to work? (Can it work with staff or shield?)

No riposte work without dual wield but it is only one of the counter attack which work with dual wield
The patch fixed the gem to be able to work with all types of block, not just with DWing.

Shield builds can now use all 3 counterattack gems, which is neat, but uses up a 3L or 4L.

Currently my setup is Riposte + Vengeance + LoH + LL on my DWer. The LL I use to swap out for Msplash on my Dualstrike when I'm facing difficult unique bosses.

FYI, Multistrike does not work with this gem. Faster Attacks is also a waste since you only attack once and on a cooldown.

Best supports to use are LL, LoH, and Melee Physical Damage. I haven't really found anything else to be worth while using on these counterattack gems.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
What is the range on Riposte?
Right now I'm using Cyclone and only got Master of the Arena for the +2 Weapon Range but while im cycloning I hit like only about 10% of the Time with Riposte compared to sitting still and letting Monsters hit me.
"
Islidox wrote:
The patch fixed the gem to be able to work with all types of block, not just with DWing.

Shield builds can now use all 3 counterattack gems, which is neat, but uses up a 3L or 4L.

Currently my setup is Riposte + Vengeance + LoH + LL on my DWer. The LL I use to swap out for Msplash on my Dualstrike when I'm facing difficult unique bosses.

FYI, Multistrike does not work with this gem. Faster Attacks is also a waste since you only attack once and on a cooldown.

Best supports to use are LL, LoH, and Melee Physical Damage. I haven't really found anything else to be worth while using on these counterattack gems.

Curse on Hit and Endurance Charge on Melee Stun work quite well too.
Vengeance + riposte + cast on melee kill + molten shell.

Damage plus utility for free.
"
sidtherat wrote:
Vengeance + riposte + cast on melee kill + molten shell.

Damage plus utility for free.

I can see that proccing, but does CoMK overcome the 2sec cooldowns?

I still see these counterattack skills better used defensively than offensively.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
"
Trigger on evade or dodge is mechanically impossible at this point.

:(

"
Islidox wrote:

That seems like a bad decision. Shield block builds can use both Reckoning and Riposte?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info