Madcow's Static Strike Destructor

Name is a work in progress :)

Decided to go Crit Stave. Block is a mere 22% total but better than nothing. Armor based mostly otherwise.

Here's the Tree
Marauder

Duelist could be feasible too.

Straight up armor items are best.
Static Strike - Melee Physical - Crit damage - Multistrike - Faster Attacks - Added Fire

Auras: Hatred - Herald of Fire

--------------------------
This was my previous post. Had RT taken and was 1H with shield. Started it, thought about it, decided not to pursue further. Just didn't think it would be strong enough. THe defenses look good but I only have so much time.

Spoiler
**One thing we need to know is if melee damage on tree scales the explosion. Also, the melee damage while holding shield passives. If not then I'll have to rework a portion of the tree. Would move those to weapon specific nodes like mace damage for example.

*I want to keep part physical so i can have life/mana leech on gear and as a defense to reflect.

*I plan pn 1H plus shield. Ultimate endgame weapon would likely be doryani's. I imagine a soul taker would be pretty neat too but doryani's would scale so well.

*Block will be taken as well as melee with shield. If using a crest of perandus could have around 50% block. That leaves counter attack gem to be used as well.

*Maybe a carcass jack would be one of the better chests with the aoe addition but not sure. Imagine this can be versatile.

*preliminary links : Static - multistrike - melee physical - added fire - WED - Lightning pen?
(maybe faster attacks in there, not sure)

*Probably hatred and herald of ash for auras. Maybe swap herald for purity of lightning if reflect gets dicey.

*Takes me forever to level with the time i have (or dont have) Hopefully I'll get to endgame soon enough. I have other plans for my standard respec (only 1 marauder there)

**my planned tree thus far

unwavering is a question mark for me. Have it on this tree but will need to see gameplay.

have Resolute Technique for now too. Will look into whether that is something that can be removed. Almost no dex/int would make it difficult.

-------------------
could also be a good shadow build I would imagine. Will look at that with physical damage/1H static blows possibly moving into templar.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Dec 15, 2014, 1:40:55 AM
updated
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Had a bit of a bad start when I converted my character... BUT... This is what I have:
Gear:
Spoiler

DPS:

11416, 38% crit, 218 multi, 86% hit. Hatred/Ash
Defense: 3760hp 5100 armor (overcapped Resistances for Enf/-Res)

Tree is the same as yours, except I stopped at the Amplify, and put 3 points into +str, +15res, +12cold res near the Marauder start.
Last edited by lilmrock4457 on Dec 15, 2014, 5:32:26 AM
"
lilmrock4457 wrote:
Had a bit of a bad start when I converted my character... BUT... This is what I have:
Gear:
Spoiler

DPS:

11416, 38% crit, 218 multi, 86% hit. Hatred/Ash
Defense: 3760hp 5100 armor (overcapped Resistances for Enf/-Res)

Tree is the same as yours, except I stopped at the Amplify, and put 3 points into +str, +15res, +12cold res near the Marauder start.

Nice! I specc'd a duelist (available for respec) using that duelist tree. He's level 77 and since he already had a Bringer of Rain on (from previous duel strike) I kept that on. It's Not a legacy version so level 12 faster attacks, level 18 mpd. Static strike only level 9, other 3 gems however max level and with qual.

His gear
Spoiler

DPS 13,381 without auras
18,431 with hatred and herald of ash (both level 20)

I would not go BoR with my gear choice. I just wanted to test and this worked fine. Plateau map (75) was a breeze.

I'm leveling my marauder in Torment (25 currently) to this tree.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Nice, was going exactly the same kind of build. Looking forward for some updates :)

This is the tree i though about. Took some times to optimize the routes :)

113/120 points:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAAdwEswixCZYTcRQgFm8aOB0UJKonLzQxNuk5DjwFPfw__EFyRtdHfkouUEdXKVhjWK5Z816lXz9lTWaecYVyqXaseA17jIKbhNmFUodqjM-PRpBVkweXeZo7n9-iAKelqZSsqq2NsUK5Q7yavTa-ir6nwBrAZsbYyWfPftWL2WHjauRR6GbqGOsJ7DjtRO8O73zwH_ZI9zL60vuLkn3cI5hv5c_zEdIhVw3yQdl8ggenMJ7Nn8sB57yf_EsUTRiR8pz3vm6XWK826Gjyhjs0jmvZr2w9D8T2_lQNzStQHM7_0w==
IGN: SjeveN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info