[1.3] Peterlerock's recreated builds (Sword&Board, Doryani Crit Proliferator, 2h Sword Cycloner...)

Since all my guides are made useless now, I'll just make a short update on all my important (to me at least) builds.
I'll just show a tree, example gear, and a stats screenshot.

If you want to use one of my builds and have further questions, feel free to ask! :)

---

1. Max block Sword Reave build

This was my first build ever. It can be found in the "Noobfriendly sword and board" thread.

While playing around with the new tree, I noticed that with a (now double legacy) Bringer of Rain, I can still quite easily cap Block Chance and have significant spellblock.

I had 77% block easily available. Then I heard Aegis Aurora was nerfed by 2%, so I laughed. That's perfect 75% now. I'm fine with that. ;)

I didn't go RT because I totally don't need it. Accuracy and Dex are more than enough.
I went for Iron Reflexes because I needed more Armor for Aegis Aurora. I didn't go Unwavering Stance because I doubt I'll get stunned to often with ~5k life and 50% stun resist from Energy Shield.

If you don't have a legacy BoR, you can drop the Scion life wheel and instead take the 5% block +20% life between Templar and Marauder. This will not cap block, but be pretty close.

Spoiler

Stats with Grace and Hatred active:

Added fire damage is only at Lvl 11, so the DpS would still grow a bit.
Somehow the armor stat is missing, it's around 10k. Enough for Aegis to do it's job (200 ES on block).

Gear:

(I didn't put any gems for Cast when damage taken etc into the sockets, because I do not really plan to use this build).

Tree:
Click me
May not be optimized, but will surely do.

Gems:
Reave + multistrike + conc effect + added fire in BoR
Hatred + Grace + reduced mana in a 3L
Rest: Leap Slam, cast when damage taken, etc.

Bandits:
Oak
Oak/Kraytin
Oak/skillpoint

---

2. Double Doryani crit proliferator

This is my current main.
He has pretty sexy clearspeed with crit Herald of Ash proliferation, and his boss killspeed is obviously pretty good, too.

I lost a bit of block, life and about 10-20k DpS (due to the crit multi and dualstrike gem nerfs), and my Lightning Coil is now legacy. Overall he's still fine.

My tree looks nothing like the old one, but it does about the same things:
Crit, damage, 160% life, a lot of accuracy.

Spoiler

Stats with Hatred and Herald of Ash active:

Added fire damage is only at Lvl 11, so the DpS would still grow a bit.

Gear:

Tree:
Click me

Gems:
Dual Strike + all the good stuff:
melee damage, multistrike, added fire, crit multi, faster attacks
Hatred + reduced mana in a Doryani, Herald of Ash + burning + red mana in another.
Rest: see gear.

Bandits:
Oak
Oak/Kraytin
Skillpoint

---

3. Twohanded sword mana-based Crit Cyclone

This is an experimental build that is working better than I thought.
I'm working with a massive 42% mana cost reduction to support a 6L Cyclone on Mana.

To be the tankiest twohanded build imaginable, I use Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics and Lightning Coil, and even some Evasion on top.
With occasional use of the Vaal Grace Gem, he gets to 74% dodge, 63% spelldodge, which is enough to survive even the most critical situations.

Spoiler

Stats with Hatred and Herald of Ash active:

This is 5L DpS!
I'm totally not in the mood to recolor my LC into BBBGGR, so I'm currently missing increased critical strikes, which gets the crit chance up to ~53% and provides a serious DpS increase (the gem is now almost as good as increased critical damage for this build).

Tree:
Click me

Example gear

(ignore gems)

Gems:
Cyclone + conc effect, crit multi, crit chance, faster attacks, melee physical damage
(swap conc for rarity or inc AoE against easy mmonsters)
Hatred + Herald of Ash + Proliferation + Reduced mana
High level CWDT + IC + Vaal Grace +inc duration
(VG doesn't get triggered, but gets the duration)
Low level CWDT + EC + inc AoE + Assassin's mark
Leap Slam + faster attacks + curse on hit + Assassin's Mark

Bandits:
Oak
Kraytin
Skillpoint

More to come soon. Still a bunch of highlevel Marauders left to respec.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Dec 13, 2014, 8:31:44 AM
Try replacing crit multi gem with phys to lightning. I believe that the result will be good.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
I don't own this gem yet, and don't know if I'll really need it. ;)
Just a hunch, it should provide more damage than crit multi gem to interaction with doryani's.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
I'll maybe buy one in a couple weeks and check it out. :)
First of all: Thank you for the Shield/Reave Build.
I am new to the game and this build brought me save to lvl 80.

After 1.3. i noticed that my copy of your tree was gone.
So i had to go my own way in the tree the first time.

I dropped the big lifewheel (Constitution) above the startingzone and went to the left to Blade Master and Razors Edge. Following the nodes down.

After all i compare your new, temporary, quick 1.3. Tree
with my first selfcreation.

I lost some life, ok.
But i gain (a lot) more:
Damage
Armor
Resists

Here the Shield/Reave Treebuild:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCAaPu8OfuLyL1BHeTnkUenVns3SIfJBggfZfBRxG6oOPMEHfpo6Utd-AwC8nxv6hmBjF4E6GJH8SyXfYVIQ8PJatizvTqQZXhNAoGBLwL8FLQSHeu-PmXTtMk6E7xuXYuysr7aKTUYvzMGChNnKkOlGivDEgrCrvqcZtMrTLOndDZAK_MVW-meg7g6HdqOK459MYCP2Sn0EsU2SjX2VZjB81FIDJ8v1RNIxsKPn3L0CEecP18s94hRN

Looking back to my Char with your old 1.2. tree
and my new way, the screen shows me (approx.):

old -> new
14,275 Dam -> 14,122 Dam
3,750 Life -> 4,294 Life (Surprisingly more Life. Despite the fact that i ignored the big life wheel around Constitution)
5,200 Armour -> 5.600 Armour

Greetings
What's your block/spellblock on that tree?
Must be quite a bit below 75%.

I'd definetly make sure to grab the Weapon Artistry and Finesse Notables in Ranger start.
And I think your pathing through Duelist start is shit. Take the 3 life nodes instead of this weird 5 point investment for minimal damage, but less life and armor.

Imho your tree would be a lot better like this.
And then grab the missing block for 75%.
You are absolutley right! Dont know why i take this shitty way at Duelist Start *lol*
But now its life and i cant respect them, cause they are in the middle of the path.
Ok, thats the price for the first Skilltree on my own :)
Just wanted to say thanks for keeping your guide up to date with 1.3. This is my favorite build of all. I'm lucky I still have a legacy BOR.
Starting with ranger should be a lot better than marauder since not only you get more total evasion % than armor % from the first 5 nodes but you can also get a 8% attack speed node quite easily.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info