" The Winter-Arc Crit ": Simple, cheap, safe and high dps 30k+ ( 2.0 updated)

how about single target dps ? because as much, i played with arc its great in packs but with single target i had alot of problems ?..
And how did you get that cast speed ? i only got 3.5 with haste and i'm fully the same pasive tree build as your's ? items is alost the same
Last edited by sn3kox on May 19, 2015, 4:42:37 PM
Are the unique level 75 sceptres critical to your build? If they are this is not remotely a cheap build since those sceptres are like 3-5ex each, something that no beginner can get without a year or so of grinding.
Hi. Thanks for the guide, have tested this build and I must say it rules!

How about this variation?
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAj6aCEN-wVa5EqyycEFh2EeTs0PVBlgVCTLOuswQHVcaD29teUDARD92M2V_gEo0Zfq-4k836fIMRLdWm7TyaO6IA4XPAZgSzgpuQVScv7DhxhcAaGjjVdcy3sUJG19q52wuCHhSwTC03gewYwcWIQlKy41bk6_IdZJ3r9Y_6f8YOSBGWXfITnqSRfjOMNvv1tDjlGUV8l5dwUonTcNVh4lVLMtFFRxZAZp6Ffd-K8uFjQ-vkXyqWdLaG7SAWvyaVKjipbrXyNZLYvf4Ktz5Bh_nogsco-uvumuBTUkWd

1) HoT stays up all the time so instead of static blows I got fingers of frost for more freeze chance and chill effects when unfreezing for better survivability.

2) In general I hate playing with totems so I used CoH with HoT and increased area of effect. Almost every enemy on my screen was getting cursed and had a decent passive uptime of power charges. (I did however sometimes use a skeleton totem because I find they are the best distraction when fighting with most bosses.)

What's your take on this?

I have a lvl 91 Witch that needs a respec.
I'm considering this build for it. I own a pair of Acuities. How will that change the skill tree and gearing? I'm not very good with understanding build mechanics at first sight and have restarted playing PoE after a while.

Also will a pure ES chest do the job or the sacrifice in AR too much to survive?
Is the gameplay very dodge oriented in 75+ maps?

Thanks in advance :)
How in the world are you getting 32k dps? I have the exact same build as you (skill gem and passive tree), minus 1 Doryani sceptre (I'm using 1 instead of 2) and Voidbringer you're using, and I only have <12k dps. Even if I get another Doryani (Voidbringer does not boost tooltip DPS, only crit chance), I highly doubt my DPS will even reach 15k, as equipping one Doryani only boosted by DPS by about 1k.

Also, is Vaal Pact only for reflect maps? It's quite useless for any other situation tbh since the leech is almost the same as if you leech normally, but also comes with a huge drawback of not being able to 1) use life flasks and 2) run away from battles to regen HP, wasting all those life regen nodes. I don't think EB is necessary either, I don't have EB and I never run out of mana with HoT + HoI + Clarity all on at the same time, casting arc nonstop.
Last edited by melodia1 on Jun 23, 2015, 11:33:35 PM
Bump.
Hi, could you make parts of the skill tree? for example, a skill tree up to lvl 20. then one for lvl 45 and so on. I'm just not sure where to go first on the skill tree. Please reply. Thank you
Don't follow the skill tree, it's pretty bad. Why spec into "chance to shock" and "shock duration" when you're clearly converting lightning's ailment to freeze? You should clearly invest into "chance to freeze" and "freeze duration"...

Also, not sure why you would even bother to add quality to arc since all it does is give a few % to shock enemies... clearly irrelevant to this build.
Last edited by melodia1 on Jul 7, 2015, 11:03:55 AM
Just found a three dragons helm in the new league and it made me think of this build. Any way it would be updated for 2.0? Or is it even viable with the changes to arctic armor? Thanks!
Need more feedback about how the current freeze ailment changes affect the build!

Also something strange: Once I equipped three dragons and pyre with my 35 level witch, she couldn't proc herald of thunder which should have procced from herald of ice damage (ice to fire - fire shocks).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info