Static strike Marauder needs advices for new league: 1h Block vs 2h Dmg

This is my tree for 2h 105p
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAPfxYY8bY9khfP-8OFCDkUVBHOQ4Jlpd5hVLrCdlhz36tjXas6hgYkbyfXhMFLWBLYSGHapBsqSeplITZZU29Nkd-vqcnIIoiLPshVcCmB3XcPfcy_lQNzStQHM49D3Kp2L2iAMBmBLMUTfxLggcB53rvdO1VqZe0agE1kjIJcmxsRqlutfJXDdIhns3yQacwNuhkoxpVhO8xnqZXTeP-j3gNWK8ki8Aa7SDhc4Kb7DhX4nflfLuQVScvGjixQnGFxPaMz3zZe4yExHZ_nlcelPMR
96 life + 211% life
152% armour
74% att speed
287% phy dmg + 16% melee dmg
34% ele dmg with wp + 40% ele dmg
10% chance to freeze, shock and ignite
30% dmg against Frozen, Shocked and Ignited

1h+shield 110p
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAPfxYY8bY9khfP-8OFCDkUVBH2WHPfq2NdqzqGBiRvJ9eEwUtYEthIYTZZU29Nkd-vqf3Mv5UDc0rUBzOPQ9yqdi9ogDAZgSzFE38S4IHAed673TtNZIyCXJsbEapbrXyVw3SIZ7N8kGnMDboZKMaVYTvMZ6mV03j_o94DVivJIvAGu0g4XOCm-w4V-J35Xy7kFUnLxo4sUJxhcT2jM982XuM8xEaPnk5fuLp1WLstoovzE1GwYJAoKyvDPeplcC_BIePmTJOHt9PVrM_vrz0xkUKNdb7qgY58wZRYA==
24% block
96 life + 211% life
106% armour
44% att speed
208% phy dmg + 16% melee dmg
34% ele dmg with wp + 40% ele dmg
10% chance to freeze, shock and ignite
30% dmg against Frozen, Shocked and Ignited

I'm confused to choose between 2 of them. Before today I would like to take the 1h block but GGG nerfed block so much...

Life isn't what you make of it, it's already been made for you.
Last edited by Thunder0258 on Dec 13, 2014, 4:10:29 AM
ALso looking into this skill.

First, please use the URL tag. makes life so much easier for links.

Second, want to double check that Melee physical damage passives add to this?

Third, would this be better with 1H?

It seems like the skill will queue up the static bursts. My attack speed (level 10) is so low I can't see for sure. IF it does then that'll be great.

Your tree looks a little odd with the beginning melee passives. If those were weapon specific nodes instead (Blunt Instrument for example) they'd be stronger. I had a preliminary stunlock tree I posted in a commment that could be easily modded (couple passives) for this skill and looks similar to your tree already though I'd change things a bit.

I'd remove juggarnaut to connect up top through the scion wheel. Lose 5 life, gain 2 passives (so one more scion life node would mean you lose only armor % but gain a passive).

Maybe allocate the melee damage by the start to a specific weapon node.

Pick up Amplify. No reason not to at all

Also removed Bloodless only because with alternate pathing it turns into a reach. IF you have Unwavering (which may be good) then I could see keeping it. Maybe even life leech right there but it's at 40% effectiveness.

Maybe this

this may be my personal tree though.

I suppose end game weapon would be Doryani's. Need to do the math on high physical damage but that insane elemental damage seems like it would rule all.
Purity of Lightning probably a good idea too for reflect.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Dec 13, 2014, 1:39:22 AM
thanks a lot :) i will try 2h in new league and 1h block on standard because 2h is easier for me to collect items.
Life isn't what you make of it, it's already been made for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info