[1.3] Fiery Snare -Firetrap (Bloodlines 87)

The main idea's about this build:

Proliferate Ignite on Shocked targets.

(check video's to see the encounter in the picture: Bazaar Voidspawn)

- Witch is chosen to keep options open for CI / Hybrid / Life EB.
- Ignite with Fire Trap
- Lightning damage for shock comes from Herald of Thunder. Either with crit or % chance to shock.

Currently leveling in bloodlines league.

[1.3] Bloodlines Buildspecification

currently level 86.
Will soon update this
Life/Armor gear to levelup
5.428 L / 11.743 A (30.282 A with granite)
resist cap + elemental weakness buffer.
Mapping.

Build is pretty much finished, will ding 90 or R.I.P. with it.

Level 86 Tree [1.3] Bloodlines
If i get some more levels I might go Assasin's mark + Power charges to get the crit chances up from 30% to 40%

gear at lvl 86

Tooltips

I have overcapped my resists for two main reasons:
- Elemental weakness curse on maps are a free mod.
- Sudden curse & damage can get you killed if you drop from 75% to 40% resist.

Linksetup.

-Elemental Proliferation
-Fire penetratrion
-Concentrated effect

links 5+ Options:
-Empower
-Crit chance
-Crit damage
-Increased area of effect
and ofcourse for noncrit you need chance to ignite.
Offskills:
Vaal lightning Trap
This wil shock bosses. To be really effective it needs increased duration link.

Vaal Summon Skeletons
In some situations 1 decoy totem (SB) is not anough. Increased duration is nice, but not needed. I don't have minion skill nodes, so the help dies quick. Alive long anough to make a difference though.

Searing Bond
This is your decoy totem that hurts. Since you have so many Fire / Elemental skill nodes, its decent damage.

Arctic Armour
Saved my life countless times. My Mana regen is just a tiny bit lower then the mana degen when moving. Currently learning how to move with Lightning Warp, but it takes time. I notice when things get dangerous I automaticly switch to normal movement to avoid trouble. Old habbit. When i do a low map I can use it effectively. It even shocks target.

Gave up on the idea to go for the 20+ levels. I want my mana pool while moving. So it can drain down a little while moving, but I cannot go dry on mana. Tried level 17/18 and decided to stick with level 17. So many indoor maps i keep on having to run short distances. That is what made me make this choice.

Immortal Call
Cast when damage taken setup. Basic life safer against packs that charge / Leap and fast hitting bosses.

Elemental Weakness
Assasin's Mark & Flamability would be excellent choices as well. Currently using elemental weakness to increase the shock duration. Will try out assasin's mark when i picked up power charges & power charge duration near the templar.

Old lower levels Bloodlines

currently level 85.
Will soon update this
5.218 L / 9.463 A (26.695 A with granite)
Mapping.
-Lacking crit gear, so shocking with some % chance to shock skill nodes.

Level 80 Tree [1.3] Bloodlines

gear at lvl 80

Tooltips

I have overcapped my resists for two main reasons:
- Elemental weakness curse on maps are a free mod.
- Sudden curse & damage can get you killed if you drop from 75% to 40% resist.

currently level 74.
4.744 L / 9.400 A (24.551 A with granite)
Mapping.

Level 74 Tree [1.3] Bloodlines

gear at lvl 74

currently level 71.
4.520 L / 3.633 A (11.837 A with granite)
Rdy to go mapping.

Level 71 Tree [1.3] Bloodlines

gear at 71

[1.2] Testing

1.2 Link to tree 106 pnt witch

testing gear

had no str on testing gear at first

1.3 Link to tree 110 pnt - witch

Testing & Thoughts

1) Arctic Armor & Lightning Warp; how usable is that?
I had a tough time using this. Yes I havent played a lightningwarp character much, but for firetrap i like to "Herd the Cows" with precise movement. Couldn't do that with lightningwarp perhaps if I get more experienced with it. So I'm gonna drop a high level Arctic Armour, perhaps ill use a very low one for the freebee defense.

2) Are the +3 max power charges worth it? might be better off with some base crit nodes.
Dropped the witch power charge node in favor of clever construction. Reworked the skill tree because i didnt need that much str anymore. Lost 40 ish crit multiplier doing that... and I kinda want those multipliers back somehow.

3) Use ES shield and no second dagger to be able to drop the aura discipline.
Done, but now i got some more ES... im thinking why not get more and run both?

4) LifeLeech on herald of thunder & Ghost reaver; how much regen will that give? anough for reflect? anough for burning ground maps?

Reflect maps and burning ground are really annoying. You'll have a hard time to keep your ES maxed out. Tested reflect (vid posted) and it looks alright. Double reflect is not a killer, unless the map and the rare are both extra damage as well. Will have to find out what that looks like.

Besides that, lifeleech on the herald is a nice auto leecher. definitly has a place. Lost reduce mana gem in the setup, so perhaps will need to drop curse on hit depending on what aura's we'll end up with.

5. Crit multi was low... how is playstyle with High crit multi & Discipline?
Even with full power charges and 45-50% crit chance its still highly irregular crits. Whole packs with assasins marks dont get crits.. i gues it doesnt work like the previous version critical weakness curse anymore. In that one 9% chance to curse crit chance was calculated seperately. Swapped to conc effect for piety. But did not get any good crits on her. Needed trash mobs to do some real damage. Non crits don't really proliferate shock... even lightningwarp does a better job at shocking then a non crit trap. Ignite duration was rather short on piety. Aah well, crit multi got nerfed severely in 1.3 so this is never gonna get reached im afraid.
High Crit gear

6. Armor: you got alot of armor from templar body and soul... but 3.5k armor is nothing with a spike to 10k with granite. Is it possible to get some more armor somehow? gear / determination. As in 8k armor and 20k with granite.
got an armor helm (800) but it aint doing much. Gonna need a shield 1500 armor too. that'll drop my es... so if i wanna go armor ill be needing discipline & determination. That means aura nodes.

7. can i run 2 aura's & herald if i take some aura skill nodes?

@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Feb 17, 2015, 4:44:18 PM
HI mate im a experienced player on trap/mine i rly liked the idea of the build i mostly used fire trap to lvl only im think on using it with flame surge trap what u think im starting grabbing some are nodes near witch than going to crit and clever construction on shadow part of the tree what u think btw can u fix tree please link is broken (first :DDD btw sorry for my english ;) )
"
lokinho91 wrote:
HI mate im a experienced player on trap/mine i rly liked the idea of the build i mostly used fire trap to lvl only im think on using it with flame surge trap what u think im starting grabbing some are nodes near witch than going to crit and clever construction on shadow part of the tree what u think btw can u fix tree please link is broken (first :DDD btw sorry for my english ;) )

Hiya,

Yeah flame surge trap would do nice damage. But that would replace searing bond. I like the decoy effect of searing bond too much to let it go atm. The totem takes much agro from bosses.

Yes you can go shadow at first to get crit. I choose to go to the templar for the new elemental nodes. Lateron with CI i'll run over to shadow.

Currently leveling with EB & AA as Life/armor base.
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Dec 20, 2014, 5:50:30 AM
reached 75 maps as lvl 80. Things going nicely.

Added a video of a spawn of Abaxoth fight.

Will soon spend some work on pictures for tooltips and gemlinks.
@Minstrelshadrak
finished build
Got the gear to get some crit going.

Updated specifications
and added a video of a Shipyard map with Zana.
@Minstrelshadrak
can u draw a tree for CI please on poe builder and link here? ty in advance.
Bandits for life version?
Bandits for CI version?
What are the bandits for CI version ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info