[1.3 HC]Triple Storm Call Totems Crit with Three Dragons

Hello Guys and welcome to my guide explaining my Triple Storm Call Totems Crit with Three Dragons

I played this build on Beyond and i'm currently lvl 87 on Hardcore.

I made this video in order to show you the clear speed on an high level map and how the build works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKpZpmsEQYs&feature=youtu.be

What is the idea of this build ?

Storm Call is not a simple skill to self cast, a lot of microgestion is needed to aim properly and set the marker.
Totems are amazing to do this work better than you will ever do.
Playing Crit with Three Dragons will allow you to lock all the mobs by freezing them(including uniques)
The freeze is an amazing defense for you and your totem and allow you to play with few defense and an offensive stuff and passive skill tree.

Playstyle :

You don't have to take risk with this build, you're glass canon : you're position is your best defense.
Use one of your remove curse Flask (Quicksilver/Topaz/Ruby), put the three totems near to a pack (stay far away), curse, maintain your power charge with ice spear.
It's a dynamic Totem build : you have better to do than just look your totem do the dirty job.

Required Gear :
This build is really cheap, you don't need crazy unique (a Void Battery would be crazy but not necessary)
Uniques :
Three Dragons
Soul Mantle : A very offensive item, allow you to play 6 gems linked on a 5L and allow a third totem. You will need at least 2 flash which remove curse (Quicksilver,Topaz and a life flask for my setup)
Divinarius : not necessary, a good rare dagger can do the job but the aoe on the divinarius is nice.

For the remaining slots, you should try to get lot's of ES and mana regeneration in order to run the highest Artic Armour possible.

My gear (self-found)

Skills setup :

6L : Spell Totem(from the Soul Mantle) – Storm Call – Increase Critical Damage – Increase AoE – Faster Casting – Lightning Penetration –(7L:Concentrated Effect)

3L : Ice spear – Power charge on critical – GMP
3L : Lightning Warp – Reduced duration – Faster Casting
4L : Cast when damage taken – Enduring Cry-- Immortal call –increase duration
4L : Reduced Mana – Clarity – Herald of thunder – Purity of (ice/fire/lightning : Depending of what you need)
Artic armour, Herald of ice and Assassin's Mark are also Run on others slots

Passive skill 1.3 :
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMHpYIQ37AsnEmydhEQWND1QZYFQkyzrrM9X1JTl5VtGZf0akPAVAj0vOoRD9teUDDdjNlf4BKNGX6vrJhfKnRVVcY6WIPb2wuCHhSwTC2P-vIdZJ3r9UlR8NWVLgceDkgRlmNDXfJwUonTcNWQVScvGjhxhcAazLfVdbFC2rlG1x0Utvr3po5k-tLjahZvNukkqmaehX1Y5SoTWiuj8tWm7TyaO-98PAWf38BmogAEs_AfgptXlI9Gm6H313_Gflmio8HzKU8WQA==

Bandits :
normal: Oak // cruel: Alira // merciless: Alira

Levelling guide :

You can play lightning Tendrils or Arc until you reach lvl 49 and then you can equip he soul mantle and star playing the build without Crit and Three dragons. You can switch to the final setup around level 62.

Pros :
-Huge DPS
-Good Clear speed : Not the best because the totems overkill their target but as soon as you get enough aoe it will be fine
-Freeze anything : Rare, boss, only the tankiest can move. However, the freeze is not instant : you have to wait the storm call's delay
-Dynamic for a Totem build and very fun to play

Cons :

-Few Defense : No mitigation, no block, few HP (4k2 lvl 87) : Stay safe and have a smart position in fight
-Curses : You have to be very carefull with the curses on your head : The wrong curse at the wrong time and you're dead.

I hope you liked it and don't hesitate to ask any questions or if you have other idea about this build.
Last edited by Pahanlaatuinen on Dec 28, 2014, 7:54:55 AM
Nice build, i dont play often but i was going to a similar one with my witch
following this

Using zombies and frost wall as defensive skill.

Already got some nice item for what i had in head.

I found your idea quite nice frozing everything on the screen...

I'm already level 46 do you think it would require too many changes to get in your directions ?

Item i have in head
Spoiler

current tree

I tought i could swich to your build with the passive tree reset next week.
---
Last edited by Kelemn on Dec 9, 2014, 12:26:25 PM
"
Using zombies and frost wall as defensive skill.

I don't think zombies are great without any boost from the skill tree or items. There is no real synergy between minions and totems.
Some people plays with frost wall on their cast when damage taken but i never tryed it by myself. It's probably working great if you play alone, however it's dangerous for your mates if you are on party !

"
I'm already level 46 do you think it would require too many changes to get in your directions ?

In order to play the build lvl 49 i would do this tree, then takes the templar nodesand Eldritch Battery when you feel the need (depending of your stuff):
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37DfioIQB6UC40myLJwRLRBYBUJ8g3YRQZbN-q6z0PW4k0yzMtGnlFAwl5UEB0VH0f3bXlJT6-SD27UEEQ89X5f0XypVxuQifq9tGTpYKU-NGQj07DjgEsBUGjjZX7zqakOnhN2MkFXAGlnzKhNaKyyno_I=

"
Item i have in head

I think you will have big defensive problems with these ones (even if you play in standard)
We're not playing Mind over Matter, so mana and ES are only usefull for one defense : artic armour.
You need life in priority on your rings (and probably resistances too). Mana regen would be great on 2nd stats but you don't really need to play an high level artic armour until maps.
Rathpite Globe and Raimbow Sride are great in blocks builds, we could takes some nodes in the tree but i dont think it will be worth it.
The Moonsorrow provides okay stats but i think you can find a better rare dagger.

"
current tree

0% maximum life: you will have an hard time withou any. There is plenty of life nodes around your tree, if i was you i would respect some max ES and shock(right part of the wheel of lightning) to take some lifes ones.

I will update the passive skill tree as soon as the 1.3 will be released.

Last edited by Pahanlaatuinen on Dec 9, 2014, 7:38:00 PM
Thanks a lot for your time !!

"
I don't think zombies are great without any boost from the skill tree or items. There is no real synergy between minions and totems.

Well i mainly use them as meat shield to avoid being hit too often, but with the massive freeze of your version they could be removed.

"
It's probably working great if you play alone, however it's dangerous for your mates if you are on party !

Yeah i play mostly alone but its true that its a pain in party.

"
We're not playing Mind over Matter, so mana and ES are only usefull for one defense : artic armour.

Can you explain a little why artic armor is mostly used and what level should we expect to run it . A lot of build use it bt i never get high enought to see much improvement using it.

"
Rathpite Globe and Raimbow Sride are great in blocks builds, we could takes some nodes in the tree but i dont think it will be worth it.

Yeah i just got the shield... and one day after i learn about the massive block nerf.. so i'm a little disapointed.... what do you suggest as replacement ? Or to make them viable ?

"
The Moonsorrow provides okay stats but i think you can find a better rare dagger

Its just a filler that was in my stash :)

"
I will update the passive skill tree as soon as the 1.3 will be released.

Cant wait to see it and if you can do a new video too that would be amazing... i will probably switch right at the patch day. Currently 48

Thanks
---
I'm not sure but maybe a dual only build could do the trick, i like to use the vaal spark + spell echo + LMP as a pannick button and freeze the whole screen

Also is Assassin's Mark better than conductivity when we get a 20 % storm call as it will almost always crit.
---
I Update the passive skill tree.

"
I'm not sure but maybe a dual only build could do the trick, i like to use the vaal spark + spell echo + LMP as a pannick button and freeze the whole screen

You need to put it on a trap to do damage since we have ancestral bond. I'm not sure how work the crit on vaal spark but i don't think you will crit every time.

"
Also is Assassin's Mark better than conductivity when we get a 20 % storm call as it will almost always crit.

I play Assassin's Mark which is very good for every crit builds.

"
Yeah i just got the shield... and one day after i learn about the massive block nerf.. so i'm a little disapointed.... what do you suggest as replacement ? Or to make them viable ?

I didn't played with block nodes or Rathpite Globe. I used a shield with spell damage/crit damage/mana regen/lot's of ES. It depends of what you need (more mana regen help artic armour to be high level)

"
Can you explain a little why artic armor is mostly used and what level should we expect to run it . A lot of build use it bt i never get high enought to see much improvement using it.

Artic armour reduced the damage taken from several small hit by a lot. That's why we use it as a defense because we should have a nice mana regen. If you can run it lvl 21 + empower it will be perfect. The only limit is your stuff.
"

Thanks !! i could'nt wait so here is the one i have done so far, is there a reason you did'nt took shamanistic fury ?

"
You need to put it on a trap to do damage since we have ancestral bond. I'm not sure how work the crit on vaal spark but i don't think you will crit every time.

Not every time but the sheer mass of hits make it crit (~ 750-1500 hit depending of setup). Is remote mine a better option ? ( more dmg ?)

"
Artic armour reduced the damage taken from several small hit by a lot. That's why we use it as a defense because we should have a nice mana regen. If you can run it lvl 21 + empower it will be perfect. The only limit is your stuff.

Wont it be too hard on the mana with all the auras ? I guess EB will be mandatory.

Thanks for all the replies :)
---
Last edited by Kelemn on Dec 15, 2014, 12:40:27 PM
I am lvl 69 and not getting crap for DPS. Tool tip says 400-600dps depending on charges. I suppose I need more links. I really want this to work out, but I am dead stuck at the moment
I didn't take shamanistic fury because i take a other way to go to ancestral bond which is better in my opinion. Storm weaver can be an other option and is close enough but i'd rather take some crit multi.

"
Wont it be too hard on the mana with all the auras ? I guess EB will be mandatory.

The mana regen is based on your maximum mana. That means you can reserve 90% of your mana and have the same amount of mana regen for artic armour. If you loose mana when you are moving you need to lower the level of your artic armour.

With the new tree i have 10.8k dps per totem on the tool tips (*3 totems) with 7 power charges at lvl 87.
What lvl do you advise for CWDT ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info