PoE need CHAOS GEMS !!

im just wondering/hoping if we will see an actual usefull chaos gem
for example some dark designed spells (since the game is generally dark oriented) that needs a short channel time (similar to flameblast) that will explode after a certain time dealing aoe chaos damage (like discharge's aoe elemental damage)
its just an idea thats in my head now and i wanted to write it down somewhere
i would Really like some more chaos gems or just "dark designed gems" in general

what im sad about 1.3 tho is they didnt add a cool new chaos gem
i really hoped out of 8 there was 1 chaos gem
Last edited by Paveltov on Dec 12, 2014, 10:08:41 AM
"
Paveltov wrote:

im just wondering/hoping if we will see an actual usefull chaos gem
for example some dark designed spells (since the game is generally dark oriented) that needs a short channel time (similar to flameblast) that will explode after a certain time dealing aoe chaos damage (like discharge's aoe elemental damage)
its just an idea thats in my head now and i wanted to write it down somewhere
i would Really like some more chaos gems or just "dark designed gems" in general

I too suggested this long time ago. Witch is supposed to be master of dark powers, yet she is elemental caster. The thing is that the Witch is like the necro and sorc from D2 combined, but they removed the necros poison and bone spells. This prevents me from playing casters alot, as these are the only casters that I find fun to play.

They did add descerate, and detonate dead is kinda a necro spell.

Still, something like Chaos Spear or Chaos Nova is prob. what we are looking for. This difference of freedom of casters is one of the few ways that Diablo 2 remains better than PoE imo. (Not overall, just on this niche topic.) However, we do have EK, which does make for a very nice compensate.

Or a Chaos Trap gem would actually be nice. Something similar to what the alchemists in act 3 use. "Chaos Ball"

The thing with these spells however, is that they by nature haft to deal way lower damage than other spells(If you make same damage Chaos flameblast as normal Flameblast, then you are going to BLOW UP the game because of too high damage, and balance gets fkd rly hard.), similar to magic damage in D2. Poison genereally dealed lower damage in D2(Except for Poison explosion... lols.), but this was because there was gear like Deaths Web (look it up!) and because elemental weakness was a NECROMANCER ABILITY, NOT A SORC ABILITY. This means that they ignore most resists from monsters in the game at the cost of dealing lower damage. (Also, keep in mind that poison in D2 was DoT, which is not the case in PoE.)

Raging Spirits is still a nice dark ability imo, but the thing I quess ur searching for is scaling some sort of dark element, as in a build.

I might add Viper strike to the list, as there were daggermancers in D2.

Sorry about comparing to D2, but what u are searching for is something that is implemented in D2, but not so much in PoE.

I should add this link:
http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/elite/uwands.shtml
well im not hoping poe to become d2 2.0 not at all
also im not a big fan of Damage over time in general
i would just love to see actual usefull chaos gems that are looking like the game looks too - dark
I'd be in favor of a new chaos spell.

I imagine something similar to d3 Disintegrate spell. Only pure chaos damage and not fire.

Only thing's that really effect it would be cast speed / echo, spell damage, possibly added damage, and passives.

Treat it like a DoT similar to searing bond, except the caster is anchored in place.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
"
Paveltov wrote:
well im not hoping poe to become d2 2.0 not at all
also im not a big fan of Damage over time in general
i would just love to see actual usefull chaos gems that are looking like the game looks too - dark

Which is why I compare to D2. The game wouldnt be d2 2.0. Look at a gem such as Fireball. It is a skill used in many games, but just because it exists does not mean that all the games are the same.

D2 had succes in using such spells, mainly because the necro could benefit from these lowered resists while the sorc could not (so much.), which is not the case for PoE, where everything can become anything.
"
FIreskull wrote:
Witch is supposed to be master of dark powers, yet she is elemental caster.

Damaging magic in general is considered a dark art, and is thus a "dark power".
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Dec 12, 2014, 12:34:03 PM
"
mazul wrote:
"
FIreskull wrote:
Witch is supposed to be master of dark powers, yet she is elemental caster.

Damaging magic in general is considered a dark art, and is thus a "dark power".

Possibly. Sadly it does not feel very dark imo. If you compare necro and PoE witch, then necro feels ALOT darker.

I feel like the templar would be more of the elemental caster.

But now we are taking more about "feel" than about how the game is like.

http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Necromancer
(Note that nothing is mentioned about pure dark caster in the description, as in no minions being used, (other than 1 crap golem.))

I would actually add animate guardian to the list. Not so much because it is dark, but because it was clearly inspired by the Diablo 2 skill called "Iron Golem". It was a shitty golem tho, and by far most people went with clay golem to slow enemies.
http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Iron_Golem
You could however, use it to grant auras, which dying breath staff in PoE is currently being used for on animate guardian. Hell, people even use bramblejack to give it reflect just like d2 iron golem. If golem/guard dies, item is lost.
actually chaos damage is quite exotic in poe. there are only a few sources of chaos:

zombies
added chaos support gem
viper strike
unique chest
unique flask

VS all elemental sources

I need more purple titles
"
Ocylix wrote:
actually chaos damage is quite exotic in poe. there are only a few sources of chaos:

zombies
added chaos support gem
viper strike
unique chest
unique flask

VS all elemental sources

Are u talking to me or OP?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info