Add more interactive NPC hideout decorations // How NPC impression can improve in towns

Hideout NPCs Feedback (not the ones players actually talk to)

I feel the current NPC decorations like the Exiles from Haku, are too stiff. I mean, they serve their purpose, but only to an extent. Even in the main towns there are no NPCs that interact with each other so as to give off that feel of camaraderie and gossip.

Another cool variation and/or type of NPC would be like a vendor giving off bartering gestures in which such NPC would be placed behind a bench as though the vendor is trying to convince players to buy their wares.

For example, the type of atmosphere I am going for in my hideout is like a War Camp in 'The Coast' hideout: In the main part of the hideout is the safe haven, and then on the lower area of the hideout there are catapults at the shoreline and nearby shops selling their wares to those getting ready for battle.

Architecturally, I can pull this kind of atmosphere off, but without the right NPCs to give it that touch of life, it won't be very convincing.

How other NPCs (outside of hideouts) can improve in towns:

Simply, there needs to be more cameraderie and gossip betweeen NPCs in towns, and for those types of NPCs to be available in hideouts.

Let's take a look at this example, an image from Final Fantasy 12. See how everyone's interacting? PoE needs more of this atmosphere so as to get players even more immersed with their surroundings.

Thank you for looking into this.
HeavyMetalGear
When game developers ignore the criticism that would improve their game, the game fails.
Just because a game receives a great amount of praise vs. only a small amount of criticism
does not mean to call it a day and make a foolish misplaced assumption that it is perfect.
(me)
Last edited by HeavyMetalGear on Nov 29, 2014, 7:03:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info