Resurrection of the ZiggyD's RoA Ranger 1.2 Forsaken Masters

Gday!! Nah, just kidding, but seriously, Im a little suprised that nobody picked up that old dusty Build from Ziggy.

Clearing things up right away, this is just "my updated version" of the old skill tree for the RoA Ranger build created by ZiggyD.

you can still and SHOULD follow his gear and level advises, since I tried to keep the changes to a minimum.

if nobody has seen the build yet Im linking the old build guide from ZiggyD together with his YT video down here.

ZiggyD's old RoA Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/756810/page/1

and his Youtube Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35QBIPpwLTM

but now to the skill tree

a quick breackdown of the tree
Spoiler

Base Stats
- 294 Strength
- 262 Dexterity
- 124 Intelligence

Defensive Side
- 159% increased Max Life
- 62% increased Evasion
- 56% increased Armor & Evasion
- 43% all Resistances + 8 Fire Resistance
- no Movement Penalty from Armour
- 4% increased Evasion per Frenzy Charge
- 20% less Dmg from Crits

Offensive Side
- 58% increased Attack Speed (combined)
- 181% increased Physical Dmg (combinded), not including Iron Grip

Keystones
- Iron Grip
- Iron Reflex
- Point Blank
- Resolute Technique
- Unwavering Stance

Notes & Changes from the original Build
- since the Ranger is specially in the beginning a Mana hungry B****, atleast thats my
experience :P , I would suggest grabbing Primal Spirit until you get a Blood Magic gem

- if you hit Resolute Technique, you can spec out of the Accuracy node near the start of
Ranger position

- I grabbed the 3 Resistance nodes from Scion since they were close by and I had points left,
if you dont need the extra Resistance you can drop them

- we dont get Heavy Draw, unless you dont take the 3 Resistance nodes and the 3 nodes in
Master Fletcher, this would give you 37% more dmg and the stun bonus, but you loose 2%
attack speed

- since they changed Path of the Warrior near the Scion life wheel, its not realy worth
picking it up, unless you just want the 12% Phys Dmg

- we are getting 1 additional Frenzy Charge and the Evasion per Frenzy node behind it

- if you dont mind to max out Faster Casting, Item Rarity and Concentraded Effect, you can
drop 1 of the big Intelligence nodes, but you end up with around lvl 15 gems

- note that you dont get any Life Regen or Leech from the tree until you hit the Marauder
area

If you have any Suggestions to make on the build then go ahead.

Happy Gaming
I love RoA and I tried out Ziggy's build back in the day but... it just wasn't very good! The damage was so low, even for hardcore. And now with revamps to the Ranger and Shadow trees, there's really no reason to head over to the Marauder area. Phase Acrobatics and Ondar's Guile easily trump Iron Reflexes, there are plenty of life and accuracy nodes near the Ranger start, and it's inefficient to take Iron Grip over bow/projectile nodes in the Ranger area.

Unless the upcoming 1.3 changes bring something unexpected for rangers or armour users on the left side of the tree, I think the build is dead.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
+1 to this. I'm sorry to say but I have never been a fan of Ziggy's archer builds. Even back in domination it was already more efficient to stay in ranger/shadow area where there was all damage and life we needed (I don't remember how many was available in domination but we add up to 300% in 1.2).

Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info