[1.2] Life Crit Evasion Bow [Not Cheap][Standard] Level 100 TS - SA - LA - Frenzy - Puncture - BA

Guide is unfinished and I need to get another glyph mark

DPS with 6l Tornado Shot
Spoiler
http://i.imgur.com/TapalvE.jpg

With no charges/vaal haste/atziri's promise

http://i.imgur.com/7H4bS09.jpg

with charges but no vaal haste/ atziri's promise

http://i.imgur.com/qAtgsmX.jpg

with charges and vaal haste/atziri's promise

With a friend who has lvl 26 wrath and level 20 anger/hatred/haste I can hit 208371 with charges up.

The main point of this build is to showcase how evasion life based bow characters are very powerful and very tanky. While you don't need to be running 100% mirrored gear, there are certain uniques that are just too powerful not to abuse.

My Gear
Spoiler

The big 3 would be a mirrored bow like Glyph Mark, Atziri's Acuity, and Legacy Kaom's Heart.

These 3 items provide benefits that can't be matched by any other item. Glyph Mark is hands down, the best bow to use as it has very high physical base damage along with 9.4 Crit modifier to allow you to hit the crit cap and abuse the high crit multi you can get and Acuities. Atziri's Acuity is an absurd item that shouldn't exist but it does so we abuse it. Getting high crit to ensure any leech is instant is very powerful as this includes mana leech which lets us cheat on mana. This means you can run all 3 heralds or other auras to reserve quite a bit of your mana while keeping your life total high. Every stat on Acuity is ridiculous as the random 60-80 int is HUGE for us as it lets us use Herald of Thunder very easily. Finally there's legacy kaoms which is great as well. The 1000 base life is huge especially when you have anywhere between 130% to 212% max life nodes which is an addition 1300-2120 life or more if you feel like stacking it that high.

Now for the reason of the gear, you need to realize that at the core of every item is basically 3 prefix and 3 suffix. So what this means is that certain stats only appear in certain slots and those are to be prioritized. An example is Critical Strike Multiplier which I will just refer to as crit multi. What makes crit multi so powerful is that it takes the number provided on the item with the old legacy being 70 max on quivers/amulets and multiplies it by 150% as that is the base crit multi of every character. So that means that 70 is really 105% crit multi on your character screen. And it affects all damage so it isn't just based on if it's ele or physical. So with having 3 item slots already dedicated to Glyph Mark, Acuity and Kaoms, there are 7 slots left with the majority of those being predetermined for certain stats.

Resists are very important to get but also fall under a serious problem of being available on every rare piece of gear. It is also a suffix that fights with crit chance, crit multi, attack speed and accuracy which are all vastly superior. Also to hit capped resists in pve you need to get 130 of each resist which 3 T1 rolls of each resist can provide you. What this means is you should try to put all of your resists on items that can't actually get good suffixes like boots/rings/belts instead of getting a quiver/amulet with resists. So I do this in my build by choosing two legacy prismatic rings with 12% all res on the implicit. Then I have T1 All res on my ring with T1 resist along with 2 T1 resists on my belt with a ring that has 2 t1 resists with 1 t2 fire resist to cap my resists. I have a point in Sentinel below the scion start as I need to go that way to get the scion life wheel along with inner force and athleticism. So two rings and a belt that have 7 of their 9 suffixes used. So I picked up strength on my belt as there was a time I was using iron grip and may one day use it again also it makes getting to the strength requirement on Kaoms much easier. Chaos resist is a possible other choice as is just going 3 resist suffixes and changing the belt/ring as viper hold is a little lacking in it's 2 t2 rolls.

Skill Tree

Gems
Spoiler
Gloves

Used sololy to generate charges, very lackluster but for uber atziri/boss fights you need a solid way to generate charges and fill your flasks. Blood Rage simply because it's worth 12% life leech to me.

Helm

Since I don't use Enhance there's no home for Herald of Ash so it's here. The other two skills are very powerful with increased duration as Vaal Haste is one of the best ways to improve your clearspeed and Vaal Grace makes you so tanky. For me it provides 35% dodge and 42% spell dodge thanks to Inner Force and Athleticism. (Dodge cap is 75% so it probably gives me 42% dodge just that I already have 40% and it is overcapped)

Bow

Reflect Maps

Best possible dps setup. You use frenzy to generate charges so no PCoC here. Also if running into reflect you can easily just swap added fire for life leech and away you go. You should always use GMP as
Boots with +1 Gem Levels

Best way to increase the damage while also maintaining a reasonable mana pool. I was using herald of ash and hatred before but realized that it's better to run the last two heralds as they will require less mana reserved and the dps loss is not that much to be honest. I think I lost like 2k dps but honestly it isn't that bad considering if you ever map in groups, someone always has hatred.

Possible Curse on Hit Setup

The 4th link can be anything from random gems that don't have a spot anywhere like blood rage/herald of ash/portal to useful things like stun/empower/blind.

Typical CWDT Setup

I don't use the CoH or CWDT setups anymore though I am thinking of switching back to CoH for easy cursing.

Flasks are all based on Surgeon's since the build aims to have 95% crit chance. Atziri's Promise gets a pass for being such an insane leech/dps flask. The rare boots are for maps with Elemental Weakness as I'm just at the cap. Also useful for no regen maps. You can use Rumi's as it's a very powerful flask but I simply don't have a need for it. I rather have these flasks though I can see a point being made for that particular flask.

Some Basic Requirements:
At least level 90 for passives.i
Glyph Mark or a very high crit bow. The important thing is the base crit chance on the bow as the higher it is, the less pure, more crit chance nodes are required.
Last edited by botbdmg on Nov 27, 2014, 3:22:04 PM
Guess I'll reserve some space
reserve
Why did you stretch so far to the left and pick up the str nodes? Why not just run around the health circle and pick up all those +life%?
"
CypressLB wrote:
Why did you stretch so far to the left and pick up the str nodes? Why not just run around the health circle and pick up all those +life%?
The point of going that far is how strong Athleticism is. I need to finish writing it out. Also most of the life nodes are bad on the ranger side. This is a letover from when I had my high life leveling build. The main reason I went out this way is because of the strengh of the 5% buff increased. This affects auras, heralds, snd vaal aura gems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info