Quiver question: Drillneck Vs Legacy Heavy quiver

Hello there rangers

i have a question, which quiver should i go for, drillneck or the Legacy Heavy Quiver im linking here?

Im following the amazing build that Mathil created with tornado shit/puncture

My current gear

My current tree

From Orlando, FL, U.S.
Last edited by HernanCCS on Nov 27, 2014, 7:13:48 PM
Certainly use the legacy quiver, it will give you alot more DPS overall, will also save you a few passives on the tree because you won't have to spec into pierce. Feel free to change quivers as you get bored of each one, it is relatively inexpensive.
Legacy quiver for crit, Drillneck for non-crit (if that's ever really a thing except for Explosive Arrow / Poison Arrow).
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
hello,
i have played for a long time with drillneck bedore i switched to the mirrored spirit hail from axn.

If i remember well, on a split arrow setup (life based/Physical/crit), I had roughly the same dps with spirit hail or drillneck as long as i had 50% pierce chance (3 nodes and 10% from drillneck). I had slightly more with drillneck when i was using the pierce gem instead of chain.

Based on this, if you are not going for split arronw/pierce and the pierce nodes, you will not have any benefit from a drillneck.

You already have an OK gear, getting better will be really expensive. But if you are willing to, i suggest you look for an amulet with crit multiplier.
Anyway, the build you are using is a very defensive one that's why your dps is not that high.

~Sara
Last edited by vitto369 on Nov 28, 2014, 5:03:08 PM
"
vitto369 wrote:
hello,
i have played for a long time with drillneck bedore i switched to the mirrored spirit hail from axn.

If i remember well, on a split arrow setup (life based/Physical/crit), I had roughly the same dps with spirit hail or drillneck as long as i had 50% pierce chance (3 nodes and 10% from drillneck). I had slightly more with drillneck when i was using the pierce gem instead of chain.

Based on this, if you are not going for split arronw/pierce and the pierce nodes, you will not have any benefit from a drillneck.

~Sara

agree completely. unless you're using split arrow, don't bother with pierce or drillneck. that being said, not sure why you wouldn't use split/pierce, but thats a different discussion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info