Beginner build?

Hi all, I want to get back into PoE after a long break, but I need a low gear requirement build. Any ideas for whats good nowadays?
go into any threads that say "X and Y are OP/Z is too UP compared to X"
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
Turkiahs lightning strike in the ranger forum would get you pretty far with a non legacy bringer of rain. Maybe 4-5 exalt, getting some tri res gear plus bor and rithpath plus an alright dagger. Nifflers Righteous fire isnt to dear, quite powerful with a 5l belly of the beast but even 5l isnt necessary. Neversinks tornado shot or percasos split arrow just a few thoughts.
"
Fhark wrote:
Turkiahs lightning strike in the ranger forum would get you pretty far with a non legacy bringer of rain. Maybe 4-5 exalt, getting some tri res gear plus bor and rithpath plus an alright dagger. Nifflers Righteous fire isnt to dear, quite powerful with a 5l belly of the beast but even 5l isnt necessary. Neversinks tornado shot or percasos split arrow just a few thoughts.

I'm not sure if build that uses Bringer of Rain, Rathpith, a mirrored dagger qualifies as "low gear requirement". Not only that, but he'll need a ton of resists on the other items, to cover for using BoR/Lazhwar/Rathpith.
"
bdrummerj wrote:
Hi all, I want to get back into PoE after a long break, but I need a low gear requirement build. Any ideas for whats good nowadays?

anything that isnt melee.
IGN: DabrixRN
Elemental spells (fireball, incinerate, flame blast - freezing pulse, ice spear - arc, ball lightning, lightning tendrils).
You get the spells early on and damage progression comes from leveling the gems unlike melee or bow builds that depend on lucky weapon drops or trading.

Summoners are also very gear independent, but may require leveling with another spell until your minion gems have picked up some levels and become efficient.

Elemental buzzsaw. Requires only an Alpha's Howl helmet and a fast (+2.00 aps) weapon.

NOT recommended when starting: cast on crit, wanders, discharge. They all require specific (and for the most part expensive) gear.
"
I'm not sure if build that uses Bringer of Rain, Rathpith, a mirrored dagger qualifies as "low gear requirement". Not only that, but he'll need a ton of resists on the other items, to cover for using BoR/Lazhwar/Rathpith.
well i did spell out a 4-5ex outlay which obviously doesnt include a mirrored dagger.
Spoiler
I run the build with this dagger and get about 68000 dps wtih charges and atziri flask. Also all content aside from perhaps death and taxes and uber atziri is pretty easy. A non legacy bor is maybe 2ex etc, but yeah i hadnt fully thought through the tri res gear that would add quite a few ex to the final cost.
Last edited by Fhark on Nov 27, 2014, 6:17:20 PM
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
unlike melee or bow builds that depend on lucky weapon drops or trading.

Certainly agree with this., I'm a melee player, but darn, gearing a melee is really QQ, especially pre-masters.
I have my hopes high on 1.3.0.
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info