You incentivize me to not see my opponents. It's absurd.

I am so sick of the ridiculously limited zoom in this game screwing up gameplay.

I have 7 chars over 75 ( one in HC ). That said I am sick and tired of having incentive to shoot at ♥♥♥♥ that I can't see because there's barely any room to move safely if I get closer.

I don't get to enjoy much of the combat art.
I don't get to see what a boss or rogue exile is even DOING half the time because even with high stats you can get demolished for going anywhere near them.
I don't even get to see what the hell I'm killing. It's so much safer for me to shoot off into the distance and just listen that it isnt't even funny.
"Loot explosions"? Really? You think your fans want loot explosions to turn the entire screen into a raging ♥♥♥♥♥how every 5 minutes? Who's the clown at GGG that was hung up on that feature? It's a cluster. I'd kill to be able to not have to toggle the loot key just to see what the hell is going on.

You guys have a good thing here, evolve please. This amount of distance shown is absurd for ANY genre and starting to wear on people.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I can you your point, but it doesn't seem to bug me that much. It's an easy key tap to clear the screen, and another tap for looting after the killin' is done.

My play style is generally ranged (Bow, ST, SRS etc.), but the ST, Reave and Cyclone characters I has used always get to do their ass-kicking up close and personal like.

The incentive for playing how you want to play is dictated purely by your enjoyment. The joy of POE is that you have a nice big sandbox full of toys that can be adapted to how you want to play - you might have to make a few concessions (lower clear speed, more dangerous encounters, lower dps etc.), but compared to the amount of freedom you have compared to other games, I think it's a good trade off.

If it really is destroying your enjoyment of the game, though, you might be better off writing a more detailed post and putting it into SUGGESTIONS or FEEDBACK.

EDIT: Ha, moved before I finished writing my post.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Last edited by CaptainWaffleIron on Nov 26, 2014, 5:57:18 PM
they want screenshots/streams to show all those fancy mtx more clearly.

It won't look as fancy if its the zoom is too far.
They have probably tested this thing in the past and stuck with the current value.
(whats the best zoom to showcase mtx detail just enough without compromising too much vision)

Its a policy just like not having a disable weather/3d effect option on so you have to suck it.

unlike what most people think its not for ranged attack balance, there is definitely more leeway for the zoom range if thats the case. diablo/tl/grim dawn all have much better zoom range for example.
"
unlike what most people think its not for ranged attack balance, there is definitely more leeway for the zoom range if thats the case. diablo/tl/grim dawn all have much better zoom range for example.

That is true in some cases, but in many others gaps would appear in the 3D environment if the camera were zoomed out much farther. You can see this for yourself by setting your display in Windowed Mode. If you then reduce only the height of the screen, the scaling of the environment will also be reduced, and you'll see more than the usual amounts of scenery on the sides. In many cases, such as Act II Town, you'll see black jagged gaps appear where the 3D engine fails to fill in all of the extended background.

To fix these flaws, GGG would have to check every single scene in the game for gaps, and revise the incomplete compositions case by case. That would take a considerable amount of updating and testing.
I would guess it's a technical issue since zooming out farther would require more calculations overall, on top of more rendering.
Chris and Erik wrote the game to be played at a 2560x resolution.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
"
RogueMage wrote:
"

That is true in some cases, but in many others gaps would appear in the 3D environment if the camera were zoomed out much farther. You can see this for yourself by setting your display in Windowed Mode. If you then reduce only the height of the screen, the scaling of the environment will also be reduced, and you'll see more than the usual amounts of scenery on the sides. In many cases, such as Act II Town, you'll see black jagged gaps appear where the 3D engine fails to fill in all of the extended background.

To fix these flaws, GGG would have to check every single scene in the game for gaps, and revise the incomplete compositions case by case. That would take a considerable amount of updating and testing.

then why do they not fix this at the beginning of their early alpha build or whatever.

and even say, a slight 20% increase in zoom limit (which is still not diablo/tl level of zoom limit even) which would still hugely improve the feel of player vision without compromising environment or gameplay. but they won't, cause muh mtx.

Its obvious they have an intended zoom dimension to use right at the start knowing their a huge part of their profit margin is based off graphic mtx.
"
Erius wrote:
I would guess it's a technical issue since zooming out farther would require more calculations overall, on top of more rendering.

I doubt that because many streamers use a maphack that can just do the trick.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
"
RogueMage wrote:

then why do they not fix this at the beginning of their early alpha build or whatever.

Because they've always had limited resources and more urgent priorities to consider.

If, as the OP complained, you want to enjoy the combat animations and interact with your foes face-to-face, there's a readily available alternative to playing with a bird's eye view of an ant farm. Roll a melee build and zoom in about halfway, and you'll find it's a whole new experience. You can actually track your foes' movements and predict how they will react to your own tactics, target them with precision, and watch them die in helpless agony.

"

cause it's not broken?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info