Glacial Cascade Build Thoughts?

I want to build around this for a Glacial Cascade build
Spoiler

Below is the build, i'm wondering if it's suicide even with Vaal Pact?! 142% maximum hp, 360% crit without any power charges up, and 85% crit-multi coupled with the default 150 = 235% crit-multi...the idea behind the build is extreme chilling, freezing and shattering.

Last edited by justinmm1988 on Nov 26, 2014, 4:59:03 PM
I'd recommend you to drop the freeze/cold dmg nodes, get more mana/manareg and run CoD + AA if you plan to two-hand. You freeze anyway on a crit, so more freeze chance isn't that good anymore.

Something like this maybe:

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYAtDj79ZeXRXzlGYw2XfJwUonTcNVsjJ2qYeJVSyaVFr-btVM1D6tKyD8nKk19W6xHUUzKSsM6KjipbrXybqrYvTWS_go64fJFb553B4cTnKQOSGKspzSDCWNDKgvz6m1sNj3jhMCcEZZJUfDVlS4HHvIdZJ3r9Y_6uMo7fA_EoqNqQ8BUvOprF5UgwfMI9OwYwcWIQoIe2wsRD0wtFLBQMNterJhVxjpYXyp0VYPb6-RXK72CbRnQ9UGWrrNMswVC-ehBh7c-WK6ftFtZj0aboffXLJzLveaBTeP-jw==

You might drop some of the inefficient nodes for manareg if you get enough from gear.
glacial cascade is phys/cold damage spell. base cold is higher than phys but lot of monsters have resists which compensates for it. All increased damage passives you have taken affect cold part only, which is not a good idea in my opinion. Spell damage nodes would be twice as effective, cast speed passives would also have effect on both parts. Futhermore, I have no idea why you ignore AoE passives near Witch start

crit multi does not work the way you think. the passives say "increased crit multi", not "additional crit multi", thus having 85% increased crit multi results in 150% * (1 + 85%) = 277.5% crit multi
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Nov 26, 2014, 6:00:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info