Highest dps skill without damage passives?

Hi

I am trying to make a tank build with high survivality - using aegis aurora, taking life/armour/es/block nodes and using defensive auras: grace, discipline, purity of fire OR lightning

Before I make a character, I want to know is there any skill which do decent damage without passives? Or I should'nt skip damage nodes?
I have a 6l, and I have to use blood magic support gem. If my math is correct I can use a 60% aura for damage. Can use double curse.
Last edited by Reznap567 on Nov 26, 2014, 1:16:36 PM
The highest unskilled dps probably does Searing Bond: 28.768 fire dmg (1438,4 dmg/second for 20 seconds, lvl 20 gem).
Followed by Flameblast (lvl 20, max number of stages): 2712 - 4068
And Molten Shell (lvl 20): 1735 - 2602

I don't know whether it would be sufficient or not, at least a more defensive build is a good premise to be able to both survive the stage building of Flameblast and to take enough damage for the explosion within the time limit MS is up. SB is all about placing it and it, you or the beam being close to the mobs.
There are a few skills that can do relatively high damage even without a lot of passive support but i would highly suggest that you take at least a few points into damage since the first few points make the greatest differrence.
Since your build choice is limited to a single one hander and no crit because of the high passive investment associated with that, your skill choices are a bit limited. If you put only about 10-15 nodes in damage you should be able to get some reasonable DPS while still being massively more tank oriented.
As for weapon/skill choice you can either go for spells like Searing Bond or Summon Raging Spirits or go melee with for example Molten Strike with Maces. Whatever you choose to do be aware that you might need at least a 5l to do high damage if you took little passive damage support.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
"
Salumba wrote:
The highest unskilled dps probably does Searing Bond: 28.768 fire dmg (1438,4 dmg/second for 20 seconds, lvl 20 gem).
Followed by Flameblast (lvl 20, max number of stages): 2712 - 4068
And Molten Shell (lvl 20): 1735 - 2602

I don't know whether it would be sufficient or not, at least a more defensive build is a good premise to be able to both survive the stage building of Flameblast and to take enough damage for the explosion within the time limit MS is up. SB is all about placing it and it, you or the beam being close to the mobs.

No no no, dps is not damage. dps is Damage per Second. Otherwise incinerate would have the lowest dps, and that wouldn't make sense.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
Nicely linked animate weapon can also do decent damage with no summon nodes.

That said, you don't absolutely require a large weapon damage investment to kill stuff, you get a nice amount of increased damage from strength and by levelling gems, you just need a nice weapon. Using an attack skill is also good from a survivability and resource management standpoint, you can leech easily.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 27, 2014, 9:52:12 AM
Gave it some more thought and personally i would go for Molten Strike with a 1h Mace. The Baptism by Light cluster gives you some increased damage as well as additional life and armor and if you get 2-3 more damage notables like the ones in the Templar and Marauder starting area as well as Resolute Technique, you should be fine damage wise with a 6L.

Links could for example be:
Molten Strike + Added Fire + Faster Attacks + Multistrike + Weapon Ele + Phys Proj Attack Damage

If you use the Thief's Torment unique ring, you won't even need Blood Magic since your mana will be instantly full whenever you attack something and you also get some nice life gain on hit as well as high curse resistance on top.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info