Transforming pocket belt unique

Since we just had a vote for a community unique, and since it's a belt I decided to post an idea I've had. Not that this should be a community unique, just that I finally decided to post the idea because of the vote.

Primarily I've always wanted a belt with some "pockets", as in an extra flask slot. And it would be great to throw in a "pocket" for a skill gem too. Super extra would be a single inventory slot (for a scroll, scrap, or ring/amulet)

And to make it even more unique, start the belt with no stats and "transform" it with the items in the pockets. Give the belt a new stat for each different type of item in each "pocket".

You could potentially tie the amount of stats gained on the belt to the level of the gem used. Not the required level, but the level 1-20. Example: A level 1 gem gives 10 health and a level 20 gives 200 health.

Health potion could add straight health, health regeneration, or life steal to the belt depending on if you use a red, blue, or green gem.

Then the gems would add one of 12 different stats to the belt depending on which flask you used.

So a red gem with a health potion could be strength, giving you a combo of strength and straight health. Blue would end up intelligence and health regeneration, and green dexterity and life steal.

Maybe an identify scroll could rotate the stat categories one way and a portal scroll the other way.

Etc.

I don't know exactly how many combinations there are, but maybe enough that you'd be able to pick any combination of stats you want. Three slots/options would obviously be the most interesting but also exponentially harder implement. Two slots would still be good fun and much easier, but even just a decent unique with a single extra flask slot I'm sure would be a popular item.

I'm really set on the transforming idea though, it would make for a truly unique fun item. And it would give you the advantage of being able to modify your build a little bit on the fly depending on what kind of mobs you see. If I recall correctly you loose the charges on the flasks if you swap them around...which balances the cost of changing some of your stats on the fly (swapping gems and/or single inventory item would be free though).

You could make the required level to wear the belt relatively low (like level 18 when you gain resist flasks) so you could play with it and change it throughout the game. Along with the extra stats on gem level it should be able to "grow" and remain useful even at higher levels.

What say you all? Do you like one or more ideas here?
Last edited by EliteRetard on Nov 26, 2014, 1:04:18 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
No comments? To complicated? To much to read?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info