Righteous Thor a.k.a Reflect immune Budget RF Tankner, Max AoE dps 270k, Max Single target dps 130k

Hello people!
After 800 hours playtime I've decided to show you my build, the Righteous Thor!
Why Righteous Thor? Well, we use the unique Gavel Mjölner combined with cyclone/lightning strike/molten strike to proc Discharge, and RF to boost those. RF Also provides another layer of DPS.

Why would you want to do this build?
Well, the reason is that Mjölner is a very ineterresting item. For those of you who don't know, it has a 50% chance ON HIT to proc socketed lighting spells(Arc, Lightning Warp, Ball Lightning, Discharge etc. Although this already mean an absurd amount of damage dealt by skills getting procc'd all the time, but that alone is not enough. We use RF, which makes our spells deal way more damage, provides even more dps by itself and perfectly fits in our build due to high hp and hp regen.

My gear ATM
This gear is FAR from optimal, but serves its purposes for now. I assume that I will replacce at least my gloves and the rare ring.
Mjölner, obviously the core item of this build. Used to proc discharge, and maybe arc when i get my discharge to level 20 and 20q it then.
This is NEEDED for any build that involves using RF on a constant basis(I.E. Some Mjölner builds, Shatter Chuck and other comparable builds only use RF on bosses, because it is impossible for them to keep RF up the entire time.
NEEDED(at least for most of the people. Since Mjölner has a 420 Str and 300 Int requirement to wear, most people use this. If you can afford it, don't need the Str and Int, and want more Dps, get a http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Voll%27s_Devotion It really boosts our dps, but at the sacrifice of 95+ all stats.
This is also needed in EVERY Mjölner build that involves discharge. It provides us with Power charges all the time. You may ask yourself now "But what happens when you crit? Don't you lose all your power charges and therefore DPS?". well, I'll answer this when we get to the passive tree.
That were the needed uniques for the build, now comes the optional stuff you can replace with whatever you like.
Just get the resistances and HP you need. That's literally all you need. If you're able to get IAS(Increased attack speed) on your gloves or ring, that is great, but not needed.

Passive Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYYz38xFj2SIzPXz8UIO8OUEfBBFW1ns2nMJ_LAec26EZpZKMaVWEhhO907XrvBS0n1WBL0iFXDfJBggfZYa2Nz352rOoY9zJ82XKpxPbEFTwtTP-vbGjyfA6nVVug8B-iAASz4XOaO4KbPAXvfMauHKcMX1Oltz7-Cti9NZL-j03jplc64fJFQYf56ILHKPpodNpilKDr7prgRZ1TUhvIQzG2QU4qKaXaOoGvuNCxBQ==
As you can see, we take resolute technique. "This prevents us from critting, and therefore losing power charges, but also guarantees that we always hit-> more procs on Mjölner. The rest is just HP, Regen, HP and regen. And also the stats is need like the 2 30 Int nodes, which i need to get to the 300 Int req on Mjölner. In the second tree, I have changed a few thing, like connected through the templar area, not scion. That saved 1 point. Also I have Ignored the aura cluster, well, because we dont need any aura nodes." This is the updated 1.3 tree, but it's just an example, other trees can and will be better for sure. Also starting as Templar or Scion might be better now in higher levels due to being able to grab the ele/spell damage nodes in their starting areas.

Questions about the build:
Is this build Atziri and Uber atziri viable?
Spoiler
Yes. Not with my gear or level, but it is viable. I might try Atziri when i get a few gear upgrades and levels, I expect to be able to do atziri at around level 80-85.

Can I do this build without the Rise of the pheonix?
Spoiler
This build? no. If you don't want to use a RotP, you can't go RF. Although, you still can do a Tanky Mjölner build. Just skip some regen and get more hp or damage. You might also want to get Vaal Pact.

Is this build beginner friendly?
Spoiler
No. Below 50ex budget you wont be able to buy the things you need(40-45ex Mjölner, 3-5ex Astramentis, 2-4ex Romiras banquet.). Although, if you skip the Mjölner and the other expensive uniques and just use RotP, you can make a wonderful RF build, which can also be a great build for farming, and even normal and uber atziri if your level and gear is right.

You say, this build is reflect immune, but are the few % lifeleech from the gem enough to tank through reflect?
Spoiler
Well, if you just faceroll into a reflect pack, there's a good chance that you will die. However, combining the purity of lightning aura and a topaz flask puts me at 88% lightning resist. Also, for reflect maps you can just leave RF off. That gives me 570 hp regen/sec, which is enough most of the times. If you deal too much damage, you also have the option to switch to a http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Saffell%27s_Frame It really helps you against reflect, and also kinda is required for Arziri(mainly the Vaals and Atziri herself, trash and Trio don't really give a fuck about saffell's.

Well, for now that's it. This is my first build guide, so critic is welcome. Also, if you have any question or request, ask me here or pm me ingame under the IGn iklalzmajagsd. Have a nice day!
Rip Mjölner
Last edited by Amaterasus on Dec 19, 2014, 12:22:21 PM
I have changed my chest for a Tabula Rasa atm for testing, I lose ~600hp but can now use any skills you might request to try.
ATM are my links: Lightning Strike-Molten Strike-GMP-Multistrike-Blood Magic-Faster Attacks.
I use Lightning Strike for AoE, Molten Strike for single target.

DPS Calculation
First Lightning Strike: 3 Aps, 7 projectiles to fire, chains 1 time. That means at max I have 3*(7*2)= 42 hits per second, 50% of those proc Mjölner, so 21 procs per second. every proc triggers an average 1k arc and an average 2.4k discharge, so 21*(1000+2400)= 71000. That's not including the RF burn, which is another few k.
Remember this is the DPS when every projectile hits. the max DPS although is 21*(2000+4400)=134400.
If we account Arc's shock and a conductivity curse(at my level it gives -36% lightning res) we have 134400*1.5*1.36=~274k total max dps.
the average dps is hard to tell, I suppose it is between 20k and 45k for me with an average number of mobs hit(I assume every pack has about 5-10 mobs), but that's hard to calculate since every enemy hit gives another whole lot of DPS.
Now Molten Strike: 3 APS, fires 7 projectiles, doesn't chain. That means 7*3=21 hit per second, which procs Mjölner around 10 times per second. With 1k average dmg Arc and a 2.4k average dmg discharge we have 34k dps. At max we have 10*(2000+4400)*1.5*1.36=64000*1.5*1.36=~130k dps. Obviously these numbers seem lower than Lightning Strikes, but Molten Strikes projectiles can shotgun, meaning up to 21 hits per second single target, while LS has 3. But well, those number are purely theoretical and are in no way to be assumed to be the actual dps.
Rip Mjölner
Since 1.3 I NO LONGER USE THIS BUILD. I respecced into pure RF due to lacking viability of this build in the new patch. It still COULD be nice, if you invest enough time into it, but for me it just didn't work out anymore(also related to gear issues, getting Res capped etc.). If you still wanna do this build, I'll update the passive tree for the 1.3 patch as an exampletree, although others might be better.
Rip Mjölner

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info