Exponential Crazy's Rooster(CoC) groundslam build

Hey There!

So this is my first fully self made build that I've gotten into maps! Hes a groundslam Discharger with a five linked herald of thunder and a penchant for 'splodin' faces.

Lets get right to brass tax....

The Tree(now changed to include double curse!):

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMIsQx9D1QQfxNxFE0W-Ro4GuQo-ilPLdIxnjLRNZI5UjrYOuE8BT_8QXJBh0RyRUdFjkWdRtdN41NSWAdYrltZXcZepWMLaqV4DXgvga-Cx4M4hMSFfYg4iI-KdIuMj0aQVZMHmuCboZ2Kn7Sf36IAplenCKeEqWipbrUEtfK3PrdyuJO40Lw3vJq9OcAaxYrGnsauyWfYvdo64XPkIuhm6-7sOO0g73zwH_JF-ej7i_0w_gr-jw==

Crit, Staff crit chance, two handed crit chance, damage, elemental damage and more crit chance.

needs more life. but its a work in progress.

The Gear:

Having high enough crit to make sure you're dischargin' all over fools requires a high crit chance. thats why i use these:

Spoiler

The rat's nest give's a crap ton of evasion, a crap ton of attack speed, and a crap ton of crit. nuff said. To offset that, my rings need defense. these are not the best rings. i am search of better ones. max life roll and better resistances will cap my resists and bring me to about 3.5k health. along with the nodes that i am going to get i should end up around 4k health. i am currently at 3k. I know that's low, but staying smart and mobile allows me to stay alive! even with lower health and uncapped lightning resist.

Speaking of resist:
My flasks:
(which are kind of crap)
Spoiler

i run the topaz flask for the ol crappy uncapped lightning res i currently have.

And now.....

The beauty of this build:

Spoiler

Discharge as you know requires charge generation. For good charge generation and damage, i have paired hegemony's era(thanks hege for making this...wouldn't have made this build without this item) with daresso's defiance. Daresso's has decent defenses, but its unique bonuses mixed with knockback on groundslam and hegemony's power charge generation make my discharge really powerful, AND i get ridiculous attack speed from daresso's when the endurance charges pop.

The rest:

Spoiler

At the moment the rest of my gear is set up to try and supplement what im lacking because of my heavy use of uniques. again, i have some more work to do here, but for now they get the job done. If I could get the right setup, the dream would be to get a fire or lightning doryani's with +1 to max endurance charge and maybe switch in this guy:

but i dont know if voll's is really necessary.

My gem setup-

Groundslam:

Groundslam>Multistrike>weapon ele damage>cast on crit>Discharge(someday when i have a six link)>increased critical chance

Herald of Thunder:
Herald of Thunder>Culling Strike>Curse on hit>Assassin's Mark>warlord's mark>(will add empower on six link)

Supports-

Leap slam:
Leap slam>Faster Attacks> Reduced Duration (whatever you want here really, i use culling strike)

CwdT setup:
Cast When Damage Taken(lvl 4)>Molten Shell(lvl 9)>Immortal Call(lvl 5)>Enduring Cry(lvl 7)

Herald of ash:
Herald of Ash> Reduced Mana> Elemental Proliferation>Increased Burning damage

I am also running Vaal haste for huge bursts of speed for bosses.

The CwdT setup could probably get switched around. I dont really need enduring cry anymore, other than it helps me to control aggro in parties a little...not really, but i haven't really thought about it enough to commit to something yet. As for herald of ash...I know its kind of gimmicky, but it works so well, hard not to utilize it. I am open to suggestions on what could replace it and synergize more with the build. perhaps haste/purity of elements? ill have to think.

Ill post a video soon, but I would really appreciate any feedback on the build. It's very fun to play, and so far its very powerful, but it has some work to be done one it. I know that on dec. 12th were getting a new templar tree, but...here we are.

My attack speed is ridiculous, my crit, is insane. the only thing i need is a little more survivability im thinking. please leave any feedback you can. so far it has all been very very good!

Thanks for stopping by!

-ExponentialCrazy

(edited because it got better xD)
Last edited by Naeblis720 on Nov 26, 2014, 12:25:59 PM
You should try power charge on crit instead of knockback with your ground slam.
You already knockback on crit from the tree, so the knockback gem is a bit wasted.
Depend a bit of your crit % but that would probably increase your dps by a lot.

Then when you get more levels it would be good to get whispers of doom as you're already close and replace life leech on your herald by warlord's mark. Less mana reserved and global leech instead of just the herald.
thanks! very good feedback. ive already put warlords mark into place and changed the tree to get the extra curse and am testing it now. im also testing some other options in the knockback slot atm. i may go with life leech or added fire damage. but very helpful feedback.
Interesting build.

Main ceveat is that you need to kill stuff in order to generate charges (Daresso, Assassins mark). Bad for parties and high level maps.
Also the Power charge on knockback will give you back maximum of one charge each hit, and only around every 10th hit. Also you have probably crit chance maxxed, but low accuracy, meaning that your real change to crit is pretty low.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info