(1.2) Tre's Freezing Buzzsaw Tanky CoC Acro/Phase Acro/Ondars CHEAP

Why the build was made

I set out to make a cheap, fun, and effective build. i wanted something that i could use as a first build, but could also become very powerful, and run through maps with ease, and with a little style, and I wanted to make it tanky as well.

You must be active with this build. While your evasion, dodge, and vaal grace can make you tanky, do not get cocky. you can go down quick. Whirl in and out. Don't be lazy with your flasks, a good Jade Flask, with a surgeon's mod will help your evasion greatly. I'll admit i am lazy sometimes with my Jade Flask and Whirling, but when I do play active i notice a dramatic amount more of clear speed and survivability.

Pro and Cons

Pros
-Fast Clear Speed
-Enemies are frozen and chilled
-Tanky
-Decent Life pool
-Cheap
-Easy to level

Cons
-Need a 5L
-Can be laggy, and cause desync

Skill Tree

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal- Oak (Health)
Cruel- Kraitlyn (Attack Speed)
Merciless- Alira (+1 Power Charge)

Gems
Spoiler

Our Main Attack
---Spectral Throw-CoC-GMP-Arctic Breath-Ice Spear-(Pcoc-Increased Crit Damage-Arc-FP-LL-LGoH, endless possibilities for a 6L)

Movement Skill
---Whirling Blades-Faster Attacks

Aura/Buffs
---Reduced Mana-Clarity-Grace-Purity of Ice(Will be left with just enough Mana for your curse and attacks, Never Run out of mana completly, I would leave out Purity of Ice until you can substain, around level 70).

Vaal Setup
---Increased Duration - Vaal Grace - Vaal Haste

CWDT
---CWDT-Enduring Cry-Immortal Call-Temporal Chains

Attack to Gain Power Charges
---ST-PCoC-GMP-Increase Critical Strikes

Utility
---Assassin's Mark

Gear
Spoiler
The Only thing essential to this build gear wise is a 5L Chest. I also use a Alpha's Howl, but I did not switch to it until level 75, and I only switched to deal with Reflect, which is easily avoidable. By level 75 in a new league you should be able to afford a Alpha's Howl.

-Dropped Alpha Howl for a unique with more health, and little crit chance. Fairly Cheap unique, and once again a rare will do in this slot.

-As you can see the gear is nothing special, I do have Maligaro's but I didn't equip that until after Rampage ended and they were in my Standard Stash. They only add in 3% increased overall crit chance.. so nowhere near needed. And I wouldn't recommend using them if you find them unless you can still cap your resists.

Flasks
-What I ideally look for is Surgeon's Flask of course. You'll want one flask to stop bleeding, for corrupting blood. A jade flask, and Saphire Flask for reflect. I leave the last flask open, mainly to swap in a Resist Flask for the type of map i'm running.

Strategy
Spoiler
It's pretty simple. Avoid Damage. Cast Assassin's Mark, Throw in a few attacks with Power Charge on Crit, whirl back, Crit away and freeze the screen.

For Defense you have Acro/Phase Acro/Ondar's. This with a decent evasion rate, I currently have 49% at level 80, not great. But if you get a Jade Flask, make it surgeon's, with this I can have 60% evasion up at all times, thanks to the surgeons affix. This will only get better with higher level equipment. Also since the enemies are chilled or frozen constantly, Their attack speed is either slowed, or they are frozen and cannot attack at all.

We also run 2 CwDT's. One has the familiar setup of CWDT-Enduring Cry-Immortal Call, i've also added in Temporal Chain's to slow the enemy down so we can safely whirl away while our Immortal Call is up.

Map Mods
Mods You Need to Avoid
--No Regen
--Elemental Reflect (It's doable, with purity, and flasks, but honestly just stay away)

Doable but Annoying Mods
--Temporal Chains
--Half Regen
--Monsters Immune to Curses(Slows you down quite a bit)

Leveling
Spoiler
Starting out I would simply get Freezing Pulse and Fire Trap. You can use them until late game.

Switching to CoC
--I would wait until you have at least 30% chance to Crit. That's really not high, and the build doesn't get into it's sweet spot of clearing fast and being dependant until 45% chance to crit, it isn't high, but you attack enough to make it seem very often. Freezing Pulse with LMP and added Cold with take you very far.

Videos
Spoiler

Waste Pool Map With Curse Immune Monsters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JTRSCOD_UY&feature=youtu.be

Update Log
Spoiler
--December 5, 2014
Spoiler

-Replaced Low level CwDT, With a Vaal Gem setup, Increases Boss takedown time (Vaal Haste), and alsoGreatly Increases defense (Vaal Grace)
--Dropped Alpha's Howl, For more life, almost hitting 4k now at level 83.
---Replace Freezing Pulse with Ice Spear. Increased Clear speed. Small hit on single target, but not much, can switch out gems for boss fights.)
Last edited by Trelga on Dec 5, 2014, 12:37:02 AM
Bump Updated the build, changed a skill gem setup and changed items.

Build looks as it will still be viable for 1.3.

You lose some block chance, but really we didn't spec for it. Our only block was from our shield which is really more of a life/resist buffer.

Lose 2% Ele damage from start, 5% crit (willnot make a big difference) 2% evasion, and 6% crit mult, and 3% attack speed.

Overall I don't see the new skill tree affecting this build at all. Damage will be a tad bit less, but honestly not enough to phase the build at all.
Last edited by Trelga on Dec 5, 2014, 1:47:56 AM
Acrobatics now reduces your block by 30%

You arnt wearing a shield now basically. You might be better off with another crit weapon with hp and crit damage/chance to make up for the loss in DPS.
nice build, very cheap
Last edited by tqkviptqk on Apr 10, 2015, 7:34:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info