Dual Doryani Catalyst viable for a crit build?

Hey guys,

As the title says, is running dual catalyst and going crit based viable? The scepters are 6.68% base crit and that is quite a bit less then what daggers can reach but the weapons do have 100% increased elemental damage as well as 1% elemental leech each.

Let me know your thoughts.

p.s. I know wands/bows would be better but i want to run the build as a melee concept.
Yes it's viable, most daggers and bows run 8-9% crit chance, with 6.68 base you will be running roughly 16-20% less then those users, you can still hit 60+ with good gear
Last edited by Rich85 on Nov 23, 2014, 6:55:20 PM
From another thread:

"
Peterlerock wrote:
With Standard/Rampage merging, I used a Dual Claw Crit Marauder, respecced ~15 points to make him Crit Dual Doryani.

88 tree with AoF (in the version without, I just removed AoF and grabbed a 5% health node)

I have no idea how one could play with Abyssus, this build is as paper thin glass cannon as it can get, even with 48% block and against non reflect mobs, my health jumps like crazy.
Without Abyssus, it's kinda ok, but I experienced a lot of near deaths in the couple of 73-75 maps I tested this in.

Gear I used (more or less randomly assembled from my treasures to get max resist, some crit, some life):
Spoiler

Helmet I wear normally (much safer, but -40k DpS):

Tooltip for Molten Strike /Infernal Blow:

With Avatar of fire, Herald of Ash, Clarity:
Spoiler

I'd need to use other gear for this, can't spam my main attack, would need more mana regen, maybe even take the Duelist/Ranger mana nodes.

Without Avatar of fire, but Hatred (and HoA):
Spoiler

This version can use physical mana leech and therfor spam the main attack.
It is also more DpS.

Unfortunatly the only reason to grab Avatar of Fire (apart from the style argument to do only fire damage) is that Weapon elemental damage now applies to 100% of damage. That's pretty cool, but...

I loose Hatred and physical leech for this, which makes it not worth it.
Not at all.
What a shame.

Those are the numbers you can expect.

Maybe a little bit more %crit if you take "galvanic hammer" notable and the 50% crit right of ranger and use Dual Strike instead of infernal Blow, but not too much more.
Think you're limited to 60-120k without Abyssus, +40-80k with Abyssus.

The crit base of Doryani's isnt very high.
And the base damage is also not super-great.
So no "1 Million DpS" to be found here.

Enough for you?

Edit - Dual Strike 200k DpS:
"
Peterlerock wrote:
More dicking around.

As the main AoE is Herald of Ash, one can actually use Dual Strike without Splash and still maintain fast clearing.

Also found a way to use Maligaro's and Abyssus with my rest-items (need to take one 30 Int node and the accuracy/crit cluster).

Swapping WED -> Splash (in gloves): 130k DpS

Tree
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Nov 24, 2014, 5:01:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info