[1.2] CraZ_Killa's Crit EK Shadow

Hi,

Wanted to share the build I used through Rampage. Don't see many EK users and the only "famous" guide I recall seeing is ZiggyD's Crit EK Chaos guide.

The quick and dirty

Offense:
* EK linked to Spell Echo, Added Fire, and Crit Dmg. 5l+ options include Faster Casting, Projectile Speed, and Empower
* Use Herald of Thunder - Curse on hit - Assassin's Mark to generate power charges
* 32K dps with max charges using 5L

Defense:
* High Block (63%), Max Spell Block (75%)
* Lightning Coil
* Max level Arctic Armor
* CWDT - ED - IC
* 3K life

Current Gear

Screenshots

http://imgur.com/a/8LK2L

Defensive

Offensive

Offensive with 7 power charges

Offensive with 7 power charges and Atziri flask

Videos

Gorge Run (random 5L)

Gorge Run (5L coil)

Last edited by CraZ_Killa on Nov 23, 2014, 3:44:59 PM
Nice offense defense. Altough your life pool seems really sketchy to me, try get around 4200 and you will have a really strong build!
@Burning_throw
Dual strike guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911087
Coil over Cloak of def.? And to bad that amulet seems to be a must for spell block instead of using a %ES amulet.
"
Speelbeer wrote:
your life pool seems really sketchy

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Your life seems very low. You don't take many mana nodes either, and your chest doesn't have an energy shield component, but you have enough mana regen for lvl 20 AA? I guess the helm helps (I'm so used to using Alpha's Howl).
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Nov 24, 2014, 1:36:52 PM
"
Tempada wrote:
"
Speelbeer wrote:
your life pool seems really sketchy

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Your life seems very low. You don't take many mana nodes either, and your chest doesn't have an energy shield component, but you have enough mana regen for lvl 20 AA? I guess the helm helps (I'm so used to using Alpha's Howl).

Yep, the life pool is sketchy. Neither ring has life on it. The gloves have a low (crafted) life roll. My gear isn't really optimized cuz I respeced into several different versions of EK; that's why all my resists are like 50% overcapped. The Lazhwar is pretty much required for max spellblock as you noticed, but it's possible to get rid of the Rainbowstrides and either spec into Mind Barrier or more block nodes to maintain max spellblock (allowing us to get boots with a life roll). The passive tree is spread really thin, so I pathed through life only when it was right next to us. I don't have enough mana regen to sustain AA while walking; only while standing still + casting EK (which is why I use lightning warp to move around). I think a 5L cloak would be better for this build than the coil (not to mention the socket colors would be easier to roll), but unfortunately I don't have one so I ended up using a coil.

You can definitely make this build hardcore viable by dropping crit nodes (or block nodes, but then you lose max spellblock) and speccing into life. Unfortunately I don't think there's a way to do a hardcore viable crit EK build; it requires way too many points.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info