Need advice on how to sell things.

I am having trouble selling things. Im not trying to become a PoE mogul rolling in 1000s of exalts and mirrored gear. I just want a little currency to trade for gear to try a new build out. I have my shop set up using Procurement. But even if I stay logged in 24/7 it seems like I hardly get any tells. When I try to use /trade everything gets spammed off screen in less than a second.

Every item in my shop is priced less than the next closest thing using PoE.trade but still nothing ever sells. Pretty much the only items I ever sell are either very popular high Quality gems or very popular uniques. Everything else, especially rares collects dust. I tried to price using either people currently online or ones that have been online within a few days. Hell if someone wants to resell my crap I will take anything thats not a slap in the face. I dont play on Standard just want to get rid of this stuff and try a new build or two before next Leagues begin. Could someone who has experience in PoE trading give me some advice. Here is a link to my shop. I dont want this to sound like a "WTS Thread" I just need some advice on what things usually sell so I can just stop wasting my time and vendor the stuff that will probably never sell.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1110091
IGN: DabrixRN
Last edited by Thomasmgp on Nov 23, 2014, 12:52:11 PM
are you sure you appear "online" on poe.trade?
if the answer is yes, then your prices are too high

also note that selling mediocre gear in Standard is much harder than in challenge leagues, people who play standars have usually good gear already. and supply is much greater than demand there
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Nov 23, 2014, 12:59:37 PM
"
Ludvator wrote:
are you sure you appear "online" on poe.trade?
if the answer is yes, then your prices are too high

also note that selling mediocre gear in Standard is much harder than in challenge leagues, people who play standars have usually good gear already

so basically its how the economy was in D3 before Blizzard banned it? Only godly items sell and everything else just gets vendored? Is everyone in Standard in mirrored gear or something? Isnt there a middle class of players who will buy up stuff in the 10c-1ex range to use?
IGN: DabrixRN
Many of your items are way too expensive. A random Maligaro like yours for instance can be found for 3 chaos.
The +2 minion helm with life and res, I sold one similar yesterday for 1c, and it took many weeks to sell it.
The first three items, I wouldn't even bother listing them. Magic find has lost lots of its appeal since snapshot removal. Corruption Rosary is just a tri-res amulet; resistance are not what I look for on an amulet, hence I wouldn't pay one exalt for that kind of item.
Diamond rings with more than 75 resistance can be found for 1c, and there's life on them.
etc, etc.

Take a look back at poe.trade and widen your search criteria. For example don't look for the specific resistances you have on your items, but rather for total elemental resistances with the appropriate sum value. And then revise your prices.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
yes, similar, but better because currency here is being rapidly consumed for crafting

unfortunately there is not much to be done in games like this. devs can ie keep adding stronger items and affixes (thats what blizz did in patches after release) but it works only short-term and every such move devalues previous items

the other solution is to have ladder resets. This was in D2 and here it exists in form of challenge leagues.

its one of the reasons why majority of players prefer playing in 3month leagues
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
i always find that if you have items that relate to the latest BotW, they will sell fast. I had 2 atziri sceptres (sorry cant spell the name) for weeks and then a botw came out featuring them and bam sold both when i logged in later that day. Not really advice but found it interesting

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info