Playing with clay?

Hey guys!

Bought a new computer a cupple of months ago for about 900 €uro, the game runs great on highest, and as long as i do not come close to a Mjölner / Volls amulet discharger within a Paradise map... Well, lagg is not anything that would ever happend!

HOWEVER!

- I get random crashes, not only when it comes to PoE, i get them while playing any other game aswell.
Diablo 3 / 2 / That game where you hack peoples life with a f*ckin iPhone / etc.

The computer just goes black, and re-starts itself.

And obviously i have not been able to figure out what causes this stuff.

Drivers are up to date, either it would be Windows that are fucking me over, or Graph card / memory leaks von hell.

My question to you - When you play with "clay mode" <--(I assume this is still concidered OK to do) - Would that lower the memory usage on the computer... or is it pointless to do so?

(I would rater wait a month or so before i throw it to a firm whom can look at it for me, as i feel this is out of my knowledge to fix).

Any tip / what to do would be appriciated!

Spoiler
Potato English, no need to remind me!
zzZzzzZzzZz
That definitely sounds like a hardware problem. There are a lot of things that could cause that to happen however - bad memory, bad PSU, faulty MoBo, overheating... Unless you have the spare parts to swap in it could be difficult to diagnose.

I'd recommend that you first download and run memtest86 to check the memory, and see if you can find a temperature monitor from the MoBo manufacturer (if not a 3rd party one should be fine). If they don't come up with anything and you can't swap out parts yourself, get it checked by a professional.
what kind of crash? the game crashes or your pc? also its whatch dogs (game where you have people with your mobile xD)
"
iHaku wrote:
what kind of crash? the game crashes or your pc?

Well, he did say:

"
Tzaina wrote:
Hmmm... Say, did you put thermal grease between your microprocessor and your heatsink/cooler?
You see, the heatsink/cooler/whatever-you-are-using barely cools down the microprocessor without thermal grease. If that's too complicated, ask the local techie about it. I'm sure s/he'll help you with that better than I can. Good luck! :)

PS!
Either that or your video card is kept in one piece with strings/duct tape, but probably I'm the only madman that would do that. :P
"Path of Exile needs a Circlejerk Subforum" -cypherrage
Thanks for the help guys!

- The guy who put my junk togetter claimed that he did put pasta at the PSI, this is one thing i will check up rater soon though just to make sure (Shit do happend, my other computer had pasta all over the motherboard when i opened it up the first time, and that was Acer made)

- The temps are "alright" i guess. Belive they end up at max 70 celcius, never go higher then this though!

I had a program running to check temps before and it never crashed due to heat-spikes atleast.

About the Memtest, i ran that you told me to, nothing came up back then.
I´ve also ran Windows own Memtest, and it went well.
- However, it says that the info that you are to get from it should show up once it is done and re-booted itself, but i never got any info what so ever. That i did find weird.

This one do not have ductape!
Spoiler
(But my verry first one did indeed have the graph-card stabilized by both ductape / metalwhires and plastic. + the box itself was "improved" in such a way that it was standing by itself, rater then beeing screwed into something! :P )
zzZzzzZzzZz
You're welcome to post Hardware temps here along with the devices so people can consult and check if the temps are ok.

Crashes like that can also be caused by power issues (problems with your PSU). It may be worth looking into that (if you have a spare or friend's PSU you can borrow you can check if this is the issue) and testing power input/output.
Need Support? support@grindinggear.com.

"

power supply problem?need more power?

Pant of Exile,Path of Gamer.
This game is an illusion, player.
Can you post the specs of your PC?

Specially interested in knowing brand/model of PSU, but also need to know at least what GPU/CPU you're using.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info