New to the game, looking for assistance

What's up, my name is Revo. I am a New player to the game. Available for lots of gameplay time. Looking for a friend to give me a good head start and direction in the game. I am in the eastern time zone if it is considered.

Thanks!
Good luck finding one :D.
I don't play much atm, so I can't really help (you can still add me to your friends list if you like) since I won't be only when you are probably.

Best advice I can give is joining a guild. There's bound to be someone playing when you do, unless you join a "national" guild that's not in your time zone.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
You should write what league you'd want to play. Then it will easier be to find someone playing the gameplay you like :)
Last edited by kussekurt on Nov 23, 2014, 5:59:19 AM
Advice... play casually for a few weeks until the next league starts. Join a team as a "worker-bee" in the new league, they'll tell you what to do.
Read the class forums and learn about builds.
On this website read about the skill gems.
On this website load and view the skill tree.

The game starts slow but picks up. I usually feel around lvl 7 -10. If you fear dying and dont want to lose your progress, open a town portal in that area. Use flasks, they do recharge with kills. Balance life and damage in this game. When you hit the 60s and 70s for maps, youll want around 4k health or more. This might be different for melee and casters.

You can look at peoples selling threads and the shops to get an idea of what good gear is. Google search POE.XYZ; its an indexer that pulls items from this forum that are for sale. Good gear should have resists over 30 and 2 of them. You should stack life on gear if youre not going CI (chaos innoculation). Boots should have 20-30% movement speed if you can afford them. Good gear usually is paired: + number of armor, % increased to armor. Or + number of evasion, increased % evasion.

Gear and sockets: what ever the gear requires, it will favor that color. Example: a 4 socket helm that requires 49 strength will mostly roll red sockets. 4 red (RRRR) or 2 red and 2 blue (RRBB). Or 2 red 1 blue 1 green (RRBG). You will waste chromatic orbs trying to roll 4 blues. If you have boots that require Dexterity and Intelligence; it will favor the odds of blue and green sockets. Support gems can only help main gems if the sockets are linked (orb of fusing).

You will know if a support gem is working on your main gem if a little Alpha character shows up on the bottom right/your UI/on the spell. Read about gems and supports. Faster casting only works with spells; faster attacks only work with attacks; pierce only works with projectiles. There are descriptions on the gems and they should be read.

A lot of the currency used to purchased is Exalted Orbs and Chaos orbs. If you have an exalt drop for you; dont get ripped off as the new guy and waste it. You can spend it on a good piece of armor or rings, amulet. I wouldnt recommend using that Exalt for crafting. You might learn that quick. This part is just my opinion. Crafting is not fun in this game. Most people buy gear with orbs. Crafting is for the wealthy and people who game a lot/have a lot of time. My only crafting has been jewellers orbs to increase sockets, fusings for links, and chromatic orbs for colors. What crafters do is maybe find a white item, upgrade it to blue with orb of transmutation, the use orbs of alterations to change stats, then upgrade to a rare/yellow with Regal Orb and then maybe Exalt it to add 1 or more properties. Then jewller for sockets and link. Then sell for many many exalts.

I started when open beta began and its hard to remember all my struggles and learning paths. Google is your friend; this site is your friend. I love research and ive always tried to be self reliant. Go to your class forums. Go to youtube; look up Ziggy D vidoes or Kripparian, or how to videos. Research on Poe Wiki. Your first few characters might be wiped later. It takes a few to learn the balance of defense and offense. Takes a few to learn if you want to stack life or es, energy shield, and then armor or evasion/dodge.

Best of luck!! Id love to add you and play but im in the middle of a move with no pc and i need to study for my job. Take care Exile :)
Not playing anymore. It was a fun ride since 2013!! I just browse the forum now. ~~~~~ "We are spiritual beings having a human experience, not the other way around." ~~~~~"All that you are is the sum of all your thoughts."
"
mclark2014 wrote:
What's up, my name is Revo. I am a New player to the game. Available for lots of gameplay time. Looking for a friend to give me a good head start and direction in the game. I am in the eastern time zone if it is considered.

Thanks!

I'd advice you to check a few guides first to grasp the general idea of the game, then try the game yourself and learn from your mistakes. Check builds on the forums but don't "copy paste" them, try to understand why certain choices are made, learn the mechanics etc. When you're lost in a guide or in a build post, check the wiki about the point you don't get.

2 guides :
Guide made by Kripparian just before the official release : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljTSQSAM9Ck.
ZiggyD beginners guide playlist (by ZiggyD. He's not the best player out there but he's the best atm to help beginners. His work is very pro) : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4aZrsY9M5qAnolDbjLydS73doD2MtAcQ&src_vid=T-5O-hDXnZY&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_70679
IGN : @Morgoth
Last edited by Morgoth2356 on Nov 23, 2014, 8:47:40 AM
"
mclark2014 wrote:

Thanks!

Welcome (over)board, Exile!

One thing I would advise against: Accepting any gear, at least to start. Part of the real challenge and fun of PoE which is lost as you accumulate equipment, and one reason the temporary challenge leagues and races are so popular is working your way up from literally nothing. If you get donated a stash fulla twink gear, you will never know the triumph of working your way up, and you won't have that opportunity in a permanent league, again.

Have fun, and dun take any wooden Exalted Orbs. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Nov 23, 2014, 11:41:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info