What is difference between increased spell and more spell damage?

if my spell do 100 damage and i have 50% increased spell damage will do = 150 damage
but if my spell do 100 damage and i have 50% more spell damage spell will do = ? damage?
IGN: DiOa
online after 18:30 gmt+2
More is a percentage more of what currently exists I believe where as increase is a percentage increase of the original base.So if you had multiple layers of more damage it could get really high.
Last edited by Kavlor on Nov 22, 2014, 5:23:10 AM

the difference is that "increased" stacks with other applicable "increased/reduced" modifiers from all sources into one multiplier, while "more/less" is allways a multiplier
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Nov 22, 2014, 5:24:04 AM
"
ExplOisten wrote:

if my spell do 100 damage and i have 50% increased spell damage will do = 150 damage
but if my spell do 100 damage and i have 50% more spell damage spell will do = ? damage?

You will do 150 dmg again.

Now:

If you have 100 dmg with 50% increased spell dmg and 50% more spelldmg you will do 225dmg (150% x 1,5).
If you have 100 dmg with 100% increased spell dmg you will deal 200dmg.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Nov 22, 2014, 5:26:11 AM
"
Pyrokar wrote:
"
ExplOisten wrote:

You will do 150 dmg again.

Now:

If you have 100 dmg with 50% increased spell dmg and 50% more spelldmg you will do 225dmg (150% x 1,5).
If you have 100 dmg with 100% increased spell dmg you will deal 200dmg.

Thank you , now i undurstand - your answer is great!
IGN: DiOa
online after 18:30 gmt+2
Note that if you have MULTIPLE "increased" they will stack ADDITIVELY. So, for instance, you have 5 passive nodes that are "10% increased spell damage," and two items, one is "25% increased spell damage" and another "40% increased spell damage."

Your spell damage will be: 100% + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 10 + 25 + 40 = 215% damage.

However, let's say you ALSO have a "50% More Spell Damage" and a "30% More Spell damage" on TOP of that...

Then it'll become: 215 x 1.50 x 1.30 = 419.25% damage.

In other words, a "more" or "less" effective can be WAY more powerful.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Nov 22, 2014, 6:41:15 PM
Something that no-one else has mentioned here:

All increased modifiers which apply are added together - if you have each of 50% increased spell damage, elemental damage, fire damage and projectile damage, that is simply added together so a fireball would have a total increased damage of 200%, or a Freezing Pulse 150% increased damage.

This also mean that the more "increased" you have, the less noticeable each further increase is: 200% to 210% is only increasing dps by around 3%.

But, as Acgift said, each "more" is handled seperately, so a new "10% more" will always increase dps by around 10%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info