Soul Mantle legacy version confusion

Soul Mantle was updated in 1.2 to have +50% Totem Life, up from +25%. But the "Version History" notes on the wiki are confusing. Is it just a change of the display text, but the effect remains the same? Is there an actual change in effect, but the change is negligible?

"
Soul Mantle now has +50% totem life. This has been increased as the result of fixing a bug with totem life - the change won't affect the power of the item. Existing versions of the item will have the smaller value, which will have less impact on totem life than it previously did. Older versions can be updated with a Divine Orb.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Soul_Mantle#Version_history
Totem Life used to apply two times stronger than intended. 25% Increased Totem Life worked as 50% Life instead.

The effect is changed, but because the aforementioned bug was fixed, the net effect is zero.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
...the net effect is zero.

The net effect on new Soul Mantles is that they work like they used to, but are legacy versions now working at half of what they used to?

So to clarify, the bug was fixed, but if I don't use a Divine Orb, my Soul Mantle is truly +25 not +50?
Last edited by ogewo on Nov 21, 2014, 8:23:24 PM
"
ogewo wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:
...the net effect is zero.

The net effect on new Soul Mantles is that they work like they used to, but are legacy versions now working at half of what they used to?

correct, if legacy versions do exist. Not all item changes result in legacy item creation. Also, If i'm not mistaken a divine orb will revert it to the "new" stats so long as it's not adding an additional separate stat to do so
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info