Error: could not overwrite executable with new patch

Windows 7, 64 Bit,

With every update i have to install the game from scratch because the patch installation fails with could not overwrite executable with new patch ...

The tips from the list of known issues doesn't help. I have to uninstall the game and to download the whole 5+ gb again.

Any ideas?
Last edited by Arunderan on Nov 19, 2014, 1:57:48 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Make sure the games folder is nor read only? run as admin? make sure you have enough space on the HDD (say 6 gig plus)

Also try this

"
Finally, if you have a PathOfExile.tmp file in your Path of Exile folder, then rename PathOfExile.exe to something else, then rename PathOfExile.tmp to PathOfExile.exe and it should work out for you.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Nov 19, 2014, 2:24:00 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, but as told, the usual solutions from the list of known issues did not work :)

My ssd hdd should be more than capable, speedwise and spacewise. There's 100 gb left.

EDIT, the folders were write protected. I have changed them to unprotected now. Fingers crossed that this fixes the issues. Couldn't test it since i did the usual installation from scratch. Nevertheless, that's usually a thing of the installer to deal with the rights.
Last edited by Arunderan on Nov 20, 2014, 9:07:54 AM
Nope, same game with today patch. This time i got an error that the download could not be stored. And had massive trouble with uninstalling then.

Result is the same. Uninstall, reinstall, download of 5 Gb material again.
And again. One patch worked, but now i need to reinstall again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info