Treating your customers well GGG

Threads removed, threads locked. Posts just removed, not edited.

I lost a 15 minutes typed response because the thread went private or whatever.

We can't even have a civil discussion about a post an employee makes, employees who are 95% of the time woefully uninformed.

I sm bothered by this because I play this game the way it was intended. I don't use d2jsp, I don't RMT, I don't maphack. I am a fool for doing so. I've wasted so much of my time doing things I do not enjoy to do the few things I do enjoy, when I could just play the game the way a huge majority do.

We have idiotic corporate compromises when GGG Should make them come to us, this is the hot game, not the other way around. We have clear favoritism on the part of GGG to certain people, to a disgusting degree, I don't know whats happened to GGG but it surely isn't the plucky indie developer that I plunked all that money down to buy into.

Its pure hypocritical nonsense that the "naming and shaming" umbrella applies to ANYTHING you want it to. I can't even post an honest review of a trader on the forums, and yet "scamming" is a part of life according to GGG.

GGG has become "take the easy way out" instead of challenging conceptions and forging the future. I can't honestly believe how calm I am, as someone known to be so "emotional" I feel nothing writing this post. I've seen the writing on the wall for months now I just keep fighting that person inside myself that knows the hard truth that I don't want to acknowledge.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Last edited by Morsexier on Nov 18, 2014, 10:31:20 PM
"
Morsexier wrote:

We can't even have a civil discussion about a post an employee makes, employees who are 95% of the time woefully uninformed.

I sm bothered by this because I play this game the way it was intended. I don't use d2jsp, I don't RMT, I don't maphack. I am a fool for doing so. I've wasted so much of my time doing things I do not enjoy to do the few things I do enjoy, when I could just play the game the way a huge majority do.

We have idiotic corporate compromises when GGG Should make them come to us, this is the hot game, not the other way around. We have clear favoritism on the part of GGG to certain people, to a disgusting degree, I don't know whats happened to GGG but it surely isn't the plucky indie developer that I plunked all that money down to buy into.

Its pure hypocritical nonsense that the "naming and shaming" umbrella applies to ANYTHING you want it to. I can't even post an honest review of a trader on the forums, and yet "scamming" is a part of life according to GGG.

GGG has become "take the easy way out" instead of challenging conceptions and forging the future. I can't honestly because how calm I am, as someone known to be so "emotional" I feel nothing writing this post. I've seen the writing on the wall for months now I just keep fighting that person inside myself that knows the hard truth that I don't want to acknowledge.

I am sorry you are giving up so easily. I am still overall happy with the way GGG is handling their immense growth as a company. I am not so quick to hang up my skates, but I do hope that if something is done and the situation is handled accordingly, that some day you can return to the game. Good luck with whatever game you move on to.
"
Actingrude wrote:

I am sorry you are giving up so easily. I am still overall happy with the way GGG is handling their immense growth as a company. I am not so quick to hang up my skates, but I do hope that if something is done and the situation is handled accordingly, that some day you can return to the game. Good luck with whatever game you move on to.

So easily. Swimming up river all day every day for over two years gets tiring. I'm going to continue to play PoE, I just don't care anymore, GGG surely doesn't so why should I?
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Morsexier wrote:
"
Actingrude wrote:

So easily. Swimming up river all day every day for over two years gets tiring. I'm going to continue to play PoE, I just don't care anymore, GGG surely doesn't so why should I?

"
I just don't care anymore

@Burning_throw
Dual strike guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/911087
The vultures, they be descending.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Try reddit if you are unhappy with support. But as you know I called that place a "Shithole" and you should have felt it yourself when you received ~-200 Karma within 2 days and now you get downvoted just because it's you.

"
We have clear favoritism on the part of GGG to certain people, to a disgusting degree

If I made your posting I would be put on 14+ day probation for breaking at last 3 questionably 4 rules I promise.
To hell with favoritism. :(

"
Its pure hypocritical nonsense that the "naming and shaming" umbrella applies to ANYTHING you want it to.

It's considered naming and shaming if you cryptically describe certain someone. Saying comeplte metric space with dot product. You described a Hilbertspace and shamed me.

The real problem are newly introduced random deletions of postings because the original could be archived. They work pretty similar to B.netforum censorship.

Those are executed in pure favoritism and censorship without any good reason.

E.G. posting about RB+D-->Deletion(We fix everything ffs and ban players, there are no dupes)

There are 2 forms of deletions. A soft deletion which moves postings to the support center(no access) and a hard deletion which deletes posting(doesn't exist)

So if some users keep posting about RMT,3rd Party and exploits issues expect topics and postings to disappear.

Once you are on the radar more and more postings will disappear.

The reason given to me makes no sense and was made up in 2 minutes. If I were to invent a rule for this behaviour would be called "Game reputation rule".
"
Morsexier wrote:

GGG has become "take the easy way out" instead of challenging conceptions and forging the future. I can't honestly believe how calm I am, as someone known to be so "emotional" I feel nothing writing this post. I've seen the writing on the wall for months now I just keep fighting that person inside myself that knows the hard truth that I don't want to acknowledge.

If anyone knows GGGs we dont give a shit policy it should be you. Its a shame they wont listen to anything u say about this game. You would think they would take feedback from an alpha member who is very knowledgeable about the game.
In some cases they are libertarian and it other cases totalitarian in the most extreme sense. Makes no sense from an ideological perspective.

I mean, it's like you said, they are a-ok with scamming, but "exposing" the scammers (even when an overwhelming amount of evidence is presented) is somehow crossing a moral line. It's almost surreal.

GGG is best explained as a weird abomination, trying to mix libertarianism (especially in-game) with totalitarianism (primarily on the forums). It just can't work this way, for obvious reason.

If you are going to have rules based on abstract ideals, at least show some consistency.

If you prefer the hands-off approach when it comes to scamming, fine, but then don't go ultra-totalitarian when the people who got scammed attempt to warn others. That's just... I don't want to use offensive words here.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Nov 18, 2014, 11:49:15 PM
"
SlixSC wrote:
In some cases they are libertarian and it other cases totalitarian in the most extreme sense. Makes no sense from an ideological perspective.

I mean, it's like you said, they are a-ok with scamming, but "exposing" the scammers (even when presenting an overwhelming amount of evidence) is somehow crossing a moral line. It's almost surreal.

GGG is best explained as a weird abomination, trying to mix libertarianism with totalitarianism. It just can't work this way, for obvious reason.

If you are going to have rules based on abstract ideals, at least show some consistency.

Lets be clear, scamming is not okay. But the way to deal with it is not through public posts but through private messages to ggg support.
"
Actingrude wrote:
Lets be clear, scamming is not okay. But the way to deal with it is not through public posts but through private messages to ggg support.

Public shaming is much more fun though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info