unable to deserialise packet with pid 5

Hi

Just logged in to do my daily missions completed catarina's then i was on my way back to Vorici after completing his mission when the game froze when i alt tab "unable to deserialise packet with pid 5" is staring at me on desktop i click ok game quits.

i logged back in and vorici is back in my hideout with no portal

any help will be appreciated
Last edited by Empathic_Drak on Nov 18, 2014, 3:48:21 PM
Do you run on wireless? If so, try running on a wired connection or updating your WiFi drivers.
Need Support? support@grindinggear.com.
Hi Yeran

Thanks for the reply but iam on a wired connection already.
but if this is something to do with my network at least i know where to look
funny thing is the rest of the evening went fine no more problems
it was just that one mission

Hopefully this has been permanently resolved. It could have been a temporary connectivity issue during that mission, but if you get this issue again feel free to keep this thread updated.
Need Support? support@grindinggear.com.
Unfortunately I have the same error, straight after choosing a character. I can't even go to a city any more.

Drivers seems to be all right, and everything worked fine before.

Edit:
nr of error changes. I don't have time to check each character I have, but this time it was PID 173.
Last edited by pankierownik on Nov 20, 2014, 12:43:34 PM
This is a packet deserialization issue when trying to decode the packets in the network transport.

The reason wireless and drivers were mentioned is because those are the usual suspects when this problem occurs.

It can also be a NIC configuration problem, or a router problem, or a modem problem, or just a bandwidth issue

Reboot your hardware (all network hardware) and see if it still has a problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info