Worth farming Dominus / Piety if you can run 73-75 maps with high MF?

This may be a stupid question but I see a lot of mention of people farming piety and dominus. My friend and I can easily blast through 73-75 maps and my char has 271 IIR and 30-40 IIQ

Would there be any reason for us to farm piety or dominus? Or is that just for people who can't really run decent maps?
"
SpeedyBanana wrote:
This may be a stupid question but I see a lot of mention of people farming piety and dominus. My friend and I can easily blast through 73-75 maps and my char has 271 IIR and 30-40 IIQ

Would there be any reason for us to farm piety or dominus? Or is that just for people who can't really run decent maps?

Piety/Dom are for speed-farming alts/chaos with the occasional exalt+ rare/unique

Maps are mainly for xp, if you can sustain them and have mf as a bonus that doesnt slow you down then go for maps
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
SpeedyBanana wrote:

Generally higher incidence of uniques from Piety/Dom than map bosses, but no access to map-gated uniques. Piety/Dom is also a much better source of Chaos than maps (via the recipe, if you're so inclined to opt for that).
usually it is good to map until about 85 - 90 , where ever your build stops and your gems are like q 20/18 and you are just taking easy nodes that are helpful but not crucial. you might or might not get something good. unfortunatly most of the gated unqiues are either too rare to matter Or common enough to not merrit the need to run maps.

like rathpith and the like which go for half an exa these days.

after that it tends to be more profitable to crush dominus or farm for fragments
(fragments being a more stable if boring source of in come as frag sets can be an easy way to get exalted orbs assuming you dont give in to all the people trying to buy just midnights).

if you have good dps and fast movement speed you can easily have 40+ rares drop every 5 min like clock work ( and you can cut that in half if you dont actually pick everything up)
"
SpeedyBanana wrote:

I think it's better idea to separate farming time/exp time.Equiping MF gear on your char while doin maps(for exp) will either slow down your killing speed(time for finish map) or reduce your survivability(important if you playin HC leagues).For me,it's either go 450/60 dominus runs(dual client or full party) or doin maps with liitle or zero mf for experience,as fastest i can,without 6 times returning to h/o to vendor shitty rares for alts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info